Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, blandy said:

I thought it was the combo of Mings and Shaw that was poor - as soon as Shaw went off Tyrone was good. It was like they were on completely different wavelengths the whole time.

I suspect had Mings gone off and Shaw stayed on, Shaw would have continued to be sh!t.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I suspect had Mings gone off and Shaw stayed on, Shaw would have continued to be sh!t.

If Shaw put as much effort in to closing down and tackling in our defensive 3rd as he did in our attacking 3rd then he'd have been ok

Going forward he looked full of beans and chomping at their players (insert fat Luke Shaw joke here...) going back he didn't look interested, especially in stopping crosses 

• Like 1

On 07/06/2021 at 14:55, villa4europe said:

If Shaw put as much effort in to closing down and tackling in our defensive 3rd as he did in our attacking 3rd then he'd have been ok

Going forward he looked full of beans and chomping at their players (insert fat Luke Shaw joke here...) going back he didn't look interested, especially in stopping crosses 

sounds like Hutton at times

I love Tyrone the man but he’s got a huge 12 months ahead of him as a player. 

It’s not a stretch to say that by next summer he could be the weakest player in the starting XI and a starting centre back could be our first or second priority. 

I would love it if he has a great tournament and irons out the flaws in his game next season. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VillaJay said:

Interview with Tyrone, despite his lapses in concentration he's a very important player for us, easy to forget he was still in school/working when most pro's have been getting top level coaching from a very young age.

In a time when we've had more hits than misses with signings recently, he's right up there, 20m for a player that's developed into an england international in his prime.

Full on bromance there! 👀 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Awol said:

I’m gonna commit heresy and say I’d love Nathan Ake to take his spot if we could get him. 

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Mings is better than ake.

Seth Meyers Thank You GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John said:

I'm getting more than a bit annoyed at the press, radio and television, having a constant go at Mings over the past few days and suggesting that someone else (anyone else!) should start alongside Stones (he's really reliable too isn't he?) on Sunday. I've seen a lot worse than Tyrone in an England shirt and I would back him to be more solid in the heart of the defence than those that they are saying should walk into the team ahead of him (including one who would be making his debut and was a late addition to the squad). Still he plays for us doesn't he? :rolleyes: 

Agreed as Walker and Stone, MaGuire been very mess and poor performance in centre half and cost most of goal, media don't a have go at all three. 

when Mings play majority of time he is really very good centre half and less mistake with small highlight stupid thing to do that 3 of them yet still a go at Mings.

I think it cos top 6 so they got less target cos Mings is play Villa (our club) for 11th of Table.

I think Mee and Tarkowski both are really very good Centre Half; personal i think both better that MaGuire also they ahead Walker in centre Half.

Even same apply Konsa, White and maybe Coady they still better than Walker and Maguire. Will tough call compare to Stone. Even the Stats could tell sames I think. Block and Interpection, Win Balls, Aerials. Only Maguire is good is Aerial threat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Stupid idea if true. Typical of Southgate era England to play players out of position despite insisting he never would. 

as for reverting to a back 3, nice to see we've practiced that in warm up games... Oh wait. 

we're going to waste this tournament opportunity by having a moron in charge. 

The individuals with England are so good, we could win it and you won't convince me he's a good manager. He's terrible at judging players and reading a game.

He just seems to have learnt a few key words and says them over and over again.

Press.

Group.

Leader.

Press.

Environment.

Group.

Trust.

Press.

Mason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He's the David James of CBs.

At times a wall. International quality but not truley world class. His howlers always seem to be spectacular.

He's as good a centre back as England have got right now. His gaffes are just more worthy of a highlight reel.

I love him, and I think the clamour to rate Konsa as being far more valuable to the team here on VT is premature.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Stupid idea if true. Typical of Southgate era England to play players out of position despite insisting he never would. 

as for reverting to a back 3, nice to see we've practiced that in warm up games... Oh wait. 

If he plays a back 3, sacrificing an attacking player (especially if it's Grealish) and doesn't win, he will get slaughtered by the press.

Just play Stones and Mings. We just have to accept that all our CB have a mistake in them and play on the front foot because of it.

Also Stones only seems to plays well when he has someone vocal next to him like with Dias, Mings provides that.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Correct. Mings won't play against Croatia. 

Jack won't play either, we lose, Jack plays next 2 and we win, Jack doesn't play next and we're out.

• Like 2

Â