Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

46 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

As much as I love Ty he’s more error prone than any of the other centre backs and his distribution let’s him down at times.

However to counter that he’s excellent in the air, a leader of men and he’s left footed. 

he’s earned his place in the squad on merit. Let’s hope he starts and puts in a performance he can be proud of. 

According to kickest.it (only website I could find stats for individual mistakes leading to goals) nakamba, Mings, Konsa and martinez all had one mistake leading to a goal. Stones also had one. And considering the volume that our defence faces it seems like they are actually less mistake prone than no studs stones. 

• Like 2

There have been countless examples where Tyrone dropped a bollock in the league and then managed to get himself out of it at the last second either through his pace or physicality. He’s not going to get away with that if he loses his focus at international level. 

5 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Curious - was the 1 from Mings the offside play against Man Citeh?

Cause that wasn't a mistake. That was BS.

Would have thought it would be the one against Fulham where he went on to get the assist for the equaliser.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Why? The standard is no higher. Lower in almost every case than perhaps France or Italy. 

I get your point that we don’t want mistakes but I don’t buy this “at this level” stuff we hear from pundits as if Scotland or Croatia’s frontline are better than Salah or Kane or the other players he has helped us beat this season. 

Indeed mings is the fastest and strongest cb England have and you can't really say he wouldn't be able to handle any of the players that other teams will have (except for maybe giroud). Mbappe is maybe faster than anyone in the league but mings is generally very good at defending against pace and maybe lukakus strength might give a challenge. But mings was battling ibra before he bulked up I don't anticipate him losing to anyone in the strength department. 

He can have some lapses in concentration sometimes, but I really don't understand the notion that his distribution let's him down? That's one of his biggest strengths. His progressive passing is an important part of the way we play. He can pass better than all his counterparts except for maybe Stones.

Caught Radio 5 last night and one of the pundits said the word is that Coady starts in a back 4 , presumably with Stones 

but that said The England camp seem to be keeping their cards close so this rumour could be nothing more than that 

7 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Physicality is not Ming’s problem. It’s the occasional brain fart which is much more likely to be punished the further we go in the tournament. 

No it isn't. Where do you get this notion? On the whole international tournaments are significantly lower quality than the top clubs. You honestly tell me that even France who are clearly the best nation in the world at this point would consistently beat city or Chelsea because they just wouldn't. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

There have been countless examples where Tyrone dropped a bollock in the league and then managed to get himself out of it at the last second either through his pace or physicality. He’s not going to get away with that if he loses his focus at international level. 

Mm thats not true though, i would expect a Premier League striker to punish him more than the Croatian league striker that will start tomorrow or Dykes that plays for QPR

I was referring to when we play the likes of Portugal, France, Spain, Italy etc. However even against the likes of the lesser nations all you need to do is gift them a goal and the game plan goes out of the window. 

Rumours that England may even go with Coady instead of mings in a back 4. That would be ridiculous so hopefully Ty starts and puts in a good performance. 

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

I was referring to when we play the likes of Portugal, France, Spain, Italy etc. However even against the likes of the lesser nations all you need to do is gift them a goal and the game plan goes out of the window. 

Rumours that England may even go with Coady instead of mings in a back 4. That would be ridiculous so hopefully Ty starts and puts in a good performance. 

And those teams aren't as good as city, Chelsea, Liverpool, United etc. 

The media have turned into Villatalk since the vid of him nailing an Austrian player off the ball came out.

Now he is 'error prone' and 'not up to this level' according to nearly every pundit I have heard over the past week.

Before that, I hadn't heard many, if any at all, saying that.

In reality, every one of England's CBs have a rick in them but Mings has a left foot and physicality to put him higher in the picking order. 

He starts for me. Whatever formation.

• Like 3

Mings has more mistakes in him than most but it blows my mind that there is this much discussion about him and whether he should play. Not one of them is suggesting Coady should play instead. The question should be is why - for lack of Trents injury - our only backup option was going to be Connor Coady, who can only play in one formation that we didn't play once in the friendlies.

Had White not had a good game, Mings would've been our only viable option and it wouldn't be a discussion. Whites a good player and is there on merit but Mings is getting a lot of stick but without anybody really suggesting what they should do insyead

57 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Mings has more mistakes in him than most but it blows my mind that there is this much discussion about him and whether he should play. Not one of them is suggesting Coady should play instead. The question should be is why - for lack of Trents injury - our only backup option was going to be Connor Coady, who can only play in one formation that we didn't play once in the friendlies.

Had White not had a good game, Mings would've been our only viable option and it wouldn't be a discussion. Whites a good player and is there on merit but Mings is getting a lot of stick but without anybody really suggesting what they should do insyead

White had an average game. 

• Like 1

Â