Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Made a couple of mistakes early on, but was mostly fine. Pundits and fans going on as if he put in a 1/10 performance.

I just find it coincidental that the player who is getting over the top criticism happens to be a strong, opinionated black man calling out endemic racism.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rich192 said:

Made a couple of mistakes early on, but was mostly fine. Pundits and fans going on as if he put in a 1/10 performance.

I just find it coincidental that the player who is getting over the top criticism happens to be a strong, opinionated black man calling out endemic racism.  

I really don't think it's that. Some commentators just have it in for certain players, or inexplicably love others.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure how anyone could have watched that game and thought he was poor, he wasn't brilliant but he didn't need to do anything brilliant because of what the oppositon offered in attack. Apart from an early mistake which you could say wasn't even his fault he played perfectly fine. It seems certain narratives surround him and some want to apply those narratives to performances no matter how he performs.

The Office Reaction GIF

My sentiments exactly. Feel like SkySports giving him a 4 is a bit harsh considering they gave Sancho a 6 who I thought was pretty mediocre and nonexistent for much of his appearance.

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

I think that’s totally unfair to a lot of people.  Yeah there are people who may think like that but don’t dump everybody into that bucket, that’s totally unfair and painting some people with a brush that’s not warranted.  I love Mings, I think what him and many others are doing is fantastic but I thought he was poor by his standards today playing wise.  If I can’t have an opinion about his play today without other motives being inferred then it’s a problem.  If I misunderstood you I apologise but if I think a player has been poor I will say it whoever they are.

32 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure how anyone could have watched that game and thought he was poor, he wasn't brilliant but he didn't need to do anything brilliant because of what the oppositon offered in attack. Apart from an early mistake which you could say wasn't even his fault he played perfectly fine. It seems certain narratives surround him and some want to apply those narratives to performances no matter how he performs.

I’m generally very complimentary of him but I thought he was poor for his standard today.  That early mistake was one thing but I thought he was out of position more than a couple of times and at some points I think he was trying too hard being the senior central defender.  I honestly don’t think that was one of his generally good games.  I haven’t watched the media reaction but that was my view of him today.  He’s one of our best players and I guess I’m used to him being better than what I saw today especially against that limited type of opposition.

28 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

The Office Reaction GIF

My sentiments exactly. Feel like SkySports giving him a 4 is a bit harsh considering they gave Sancho a 6 who I thought was pretty mediocre and nonexistent for much of his appearance.

Hadn’t seen media as I said before but he was better than Sancho.

The way it’s going for him, I think I’d rather he barely featured for England. The worse that could happen for us is that he comes back knackered, with his confidence shot to pieces. Let that happen to Stones, Maguire etc

37 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

The Office Reaction GIF

I have not seen much of him but I can honestly say that I have never seen Sancho have a good game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The way it’s going for him, I think I’d rather he barely featured for England. The worse that could happen for us is that he comes back knackered, with his confidence shot to pieces. Let that happen to Stones, Maguire etc

I don’t think Mings will ever have an issue with confidence, which is why I think he sometimes makes mistakes. If anything he’s over-confident at times.

Only watched the first 30 mins ... but I have to agree Mings seemed a little off today.

Having said that I got the impression Romania seemed to attack down their left to test England's lack of depth at the right back position.

• Like 1

Â