Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

I thought it was one of his best games in an international shirt.

If you saw Tommy Smith, Norman Hunter or Ron Harris.....you would think Tyrone was a pussy cat.

Jack gets chopped down, and we have to grin and bare it in a stoical manner.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

image.gif.4ee8034654d25d76217414841de334fa.gif

It's not wrong though. 

Oh, wait, I see, you are saying it is a Trump "wrong" meaning it is right, yes, absolutely.

That was a terrible challenge and if it was against one of our players we would be screaming bloody murder. It was clearly deliberate.  I love Mings but he needs to stop the rushes of blood to the head. 

• Like 1

"Any criticism" also known as rushing to this thread after a large number of games so you can once again call him a "donkey".

Not looking at anyone in particular...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

It's not wrong though. 

Oh, wait, I see, you are saying it is a Trump "wrong" meaning it is right, yes, absolutely.

That was a terrible challenge and if it was against one of our players we would be screaming bloody murder. It was clearly deliberate.  I love Mings but he needs to stop the rushes of blood to the head. 

Theres a difference between being objectively critical and irrational with criticism. Everyone knows what he did was stupid and everyone knows he has bouts of boneheaded mistakes. 

Edited by Aston_Villan4

5 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yeah you’d be totally fine about it if someone did that to Jack/Ollie in the penalty area. His eyes are totally on the defender and he takes him out. I love Ty but facts of the matter that would have been a pen against us with VAR.

We've had more blatant fouls go against us for Villa so whilst I would be frustrated I wouldn't be that annoyed. For one I would anticipate that we wouldn't get it. And for 2 the attacker is the one who initiates contact for me. It is like the first Luiz-Pogba pen. I wouldn't call that a penalty because Pogba runs across Luiz and Luiz can't avoid him. Same situation here. 

Has he commented anywhere on the booing of the taking of the knee, as he is often vocal about that, and it was particularly bad last night?

Not saying that's connected in anyway to his 2 moments of madness in the first half, but he does struggle with the mental side of the game and wondering if he was wound up.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Has he commented anywhere on the booing of the taking of the knee, as he is often vocal about that, and it was particularly bad last night?

Not saying that's connected in anyway to his 2 moments of madness in the first half, but he does struggle with the mental side of the game and wondering if he was wound up.

Not sure about yesterday but Villa fans were booing them before the Chelsea game and he played very well in that game.

He's largely very good with a few weaknesses.

He can't handle someone getting the better of him and goes nuts occasionally. Bit odd this one as he's a very switched on person and you usually don't see them losing it with the red mist too often.

He sometimes forgets he's not actually that brilliant on the ball and is too casual.

I really like him in our defence as I think the positives outweigh the negatives.

England? Meh. Good for us overall him and Jack make the squad. I certainly wouldn't swap Stones or Coady for him at Villa. The two best English CBs are Konsa and Tarkowski for me...neither in the squad.

• Like 3

He is our guy and I like him, both as a footballer and a man. But we know he does dopey things at times.

That challenge, however, he definitely intended to take the guy out. It seems obvious to me that he deliberately moved to put his shoulder into him.

At best a clumsy challenge. Should have been a penalty. Wouldn't want him to do that in a Villa shirt.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I like that he has a nasty streak in him. Don't want your CB being a pushover like John Stones. 

If you are going to be nasty, you really have to be either sneaky about it or commit it far from your own goal.

• Like 1

I think we saw what England looked like without him.....I think Villa fans saw what we are like without him.

The incident was deliberate, but i have seen worse against us.

He does need to be careful....but overall his presence is welcome for me....he was far more dominating than Coady, in the absence of Maguire.

I am not a great admirer of passive centre backs.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, turvontour said:

The booing at the players taking the knee, I guarantee the irony was lost on those booing bigots.

6 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Not sure about yesterday but Villa fans were booing them before the Chelsea game and he played very well in that game.

Ye there was about 15 villa fans who booed but that was instantly drowned out by applause. The england game yesterday booing was by a significant proportion of the crowd, much louder and for longer.

Oh no, it probably had no bearing on his performance or the errors, but you know given his response to the few villa fans that it pissed him off. It must be weird playing for your country, one of the greatest honours/privileges in your career, and having to deal with that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Theres a difference between being objectively critical and irrational with criticism. Everyone knows what he did was stupid and everyone knows he has bouts of boneheaded mistakes. 

I love mings, and we’ve a lot to thank him for..

...but this chap’s not wrong with what he’s saying.

Â