Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

12 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

There have been countless examples where Tyrone dropped a bollock in the league and then managed to get himself out of it at the last second either through his pace or physicality. He’s not going to get away with that if he loses his focus at international level. 

International level is easier than Premier League most of the time.

• Like 2

Personally think it would be absolute madness to swap Mings out for a small full back. Relying on Stones as our only aerial presence is crazy.

Mings is not the liability people are making him out to be, anyway. Most of the time he puts in very solid performances, and he’s a vocal presence. He’s excellent at set piece defending. And his passing is much better than he gets credit for.

Clearly Shaw is better on the ball and going forward, but he’s tiny. He’s also not got much experience at LCB. Just seems a very bizarre move from Southgate to me.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Personally think it would be absolute madness to swap Mings out for a small full back. Relying on Stones as our only aerial presence is crazy.

Mings is not the liability people are making him out to be, anyway. Most of the time he puts in very solid performances, and he’s a vocal presence. He’s excellent at set piece defending. And his passing is much better than he gets credit for.

Clearly Shaw is better on the ball and going forward, but he’s tiny. He’s also not got much experience at LCB. Just seems a very bizarre move from Southgate to me.

Seems like shit stirring in order to wind the fans up to me

No way do we start an international tournement with a LB at CB, not even as the left sided CB of a back 5

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

International level is easier than Premier League most of the time.

So that (and other previous posts) explains why England have been so successful in international tournaments since the inception of the premier league….

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

So that (and other previous posts) explains why England have been so successful in international tournaments since the inception of the premier league….

Well all those PL teams are better than England as well!

• Like 2

Southgate really messed this one up , he brings in white who has no experince of playing beside the other defenders in the squad ,  when we all know the only option is to bring in konsa who makes tyrone a much better player 

21 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Well all those PL teams are better than England as well!

Henderson

james       Stones        Maguire.       Chilwell

Rice.             Henderson

mount.                 Kane.                     Grealish 

that team easily finishes second last season and runs city very close. 

Edited by DakotaVilla
Add an attacking midfielder of your choice

14 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Henderson

Maybe if you actually had a competent manager.

But I think Chelsea is still substantially better as are a fully fit and firing Liverpool team. 

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

Henderson

What? That’s just Grealish and ten downgrades on our team and we were 11th ;) 

The irony for me is, depite his early ricket, he went on to have one of his better England games IMO.

All our current, available CB's have an error in them and also some are more dominating than others, Ty does have an aerial presence in his own area, maybe not in the opposition's area.

I think it would be unwise to leave him out.

• Like 2

There is no agenda.

Reason he get's criticized by England fans is the same reason he get criticized by Villa fans.

He tends to completely lose his head way too frequently than it seem like he should. Not to mention his 1 mistake per game average doesn't really help with popularity either.

I would actually play Stones and White if Maguire ain't fit.

Edited by villalad21

5 hours ago, TRO said:

The irony for me is, depite his early ricket, he went on to have one of his better England games IMO.

All our current, available CB's have an error in them and also some are more dominating than others, Ty does have an aerial presence in his own area, maybe not in the opposition's area.

I think it would be unwise to leave him out.

Problem is at the highest level, against the best teams that one mistake may well be the difference between being knocked out and progressing to the next round.

Good teams will punish silly mistakes. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

There is no agenda.

Reason he get's criticized by England fans is the same reason he get criticized by Villa fans.

He tends to completely lose his head way too frequently than it seem like he should. Not to mention his 1 mistake per game average doesn't really help with popularity either.

Dude stones makes as many mistakes and one mistake per game average? What world are you living on? I think mings has probably made 5 serious mistakes iver the course of the season and maybe 10 proper smaller ones. Stones made 3 serious ones against us alone. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

There is no agenda.

How exactly is there no agenda? I mean every fan under the sun has automatically become a Tyrone Mings expert and hence forth wrote him off as shit? Yeh sure... Don't be dumb. 

Oh yeh Ben White 3rd best Brighton CB good thinking there. In a back 3 they play I might add.

Oh wait he played for Leeds once that's right.. 

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

How exactly is there no agenda? I mean every fan under the sun has automatically become a Tyrone Mings expert and hence forth wrote him off as shit? Yeh sure... Don't be dumb. 

Oh yeh Ben White 3rd best Brighton CB good thinking there. In a back 3 they play I might add.

Oh wait he played for Leeds once that's right.. 

Every Brighton fan I've seen has said he was their 3rd best cb this season. He was their Pots because Brighton held an open twitter vote and we all know what happens with open twitter votes. Leeds fans **** spoil it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Every Brighton fan I've seen has said he was their 3rd best cb this season. He was their Pots because Brighton held an open twitter vote and we all know what happens with open twitter votes. Leeds fans **** spoil it. 

But then Brighton also have dunk who they are convinced should be there ahead of mings 

15 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Henderson

I think they'd probably need an 11th Player

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Problem is at the highest level, against the best teams that one mistake may well be the difference between being knocked out and progressing to the next round.

Good teams will punish silly mistakes. 

some mistakes are more glaring than others.....to find a centre back with no mistakes is nigh on impossible.

I have seen Harry Kane make them......I saw John Terry make them for us....Dare I ever utter this, but I have seen Paul McGrath make the odd one too.

Ty is a bit gangly, so his mistakes look more glaring.....His good work outweighs it for me.

• Like 2

Â