Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

22 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Yep. Was a foul for me too. Mings was too slow to react to the ball dropping and Zaha knew how to draw the foul.

Ref wasn't consistent at all today.

The wee fisticuffs after I think is what resulted in a yellow card I think despite Zaha being the aggressive one

16 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He's still a good defender, although I think it's been clear for quite some time now that Konsa is comfortably our best CB.

He probably is.  But will be interesting to see how both Konsa and Hause cope without Mings next to them against Chelsea. 

They did it well for 45 minutes with full backs staying back. 

31 minutes ago, Risso said:

Blessing in disguise the sending off.  He's been our weakest defender for ages now, so will be good to see Hause and Konsa work on their partnership.  Hause has been excellent since getting back in the team. Mings will have to cut out the stupid mistakes if he's going to get his place back.

Do you think Hause is better than Mings? I like big Courtney but Mings is twice the player in my view.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The yellow cards today we're his 4th and 5th I believe.

Does anyone know if the automatic 1 game ban for 2 yellows cancels out the 1 game ban for 5 yellows? Or is he now basically banned for 2 games?

They don't add to his YC total. He's serves the 1 game ban and is still on 3 YCs for the season

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Are we? I dont think mings is valuable as he was once was. Konsa and hause have really stepped up

Last 3 teams have all played to hauses strengths, Chelsea will have Werner running at him rather than pinging balls at his head 

Its a good test for our defence, would suspect we will play deep 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Doesn't mean the stamp never happened. People really cannot see Mings has tried to absolutely rake Zaha's calf. The fact they have been having a ding dong in the build up I am sure played no part 

You guys can defend all you want. I know what I saw.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That is probably the most ridiculous post i have ever read.

• Thanks 1

He clearly didn't mean to rake his studs there. Mcginn was in the floor so he had to bring his leg high over him and he tries to get his foot down before his momentum carries him into Zaha and it looks like he has tried to shove his boot up zahas arse.

He probably deserved both booking but Zaha should have been sent off before and fouled mings for the 2nd.

10 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The yellow cards today we're his 4th and 5th I believe.

Does anyone know if the automatic 1 game ban for 2 yellows cancels out the 1 game ban for 5 yellows? Or is he now basically banned for 2 games?

Just the one I don't think either count as yellow cards either as they just merge into one single red. 

• Like 1

I think he’s been very unlucky to be sent off here. He’s been booked twice for situations that were really all Wilfred Zaha’s fault. That being said, he didn’t look too sharp, and we looked better as a team with Konsa and Hause, so I’m not too bothered he has to sit for a game. I love Tyrone, but a break might just do him good. 

56 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Do you think Hause is better than Mings? I like big Courtney but Mings is twice the player in my view.

Mings makes one really bad mistake a game, at least.  He's got all the attributes to be a brilliant defender. but his lapses in concentration means he lets himself down.  He's not as good as he thinks he is, and the last two games Hause has looked much better and more solid than Mings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hause is not an every day starter and who knows what's up with Engels. Mings will be missed, especially against the top sides that will look to keep the ball on the floor. He also had a poor game going against one of the best dribblers in the Prem. 

Both can be true. 

13 minutes ago, Risso said:

Mings makes one really bad mistake a game, at least.  He's got all the attributes to be a brilliant defender. but his lapses in concentration means he lets himself down.  He's not as good as he thinks he is, and the last two games Hause has looked much better and more solid than Mings.

This is key for me. He needs to have a bit more humility about himself and not assume he can casually do things at his own pace. There’s no doubt he is a solid defender, but he needs to be at it for 90 minutes 

Â