Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Here you go

Damn no wonder Zaha had a pop, that looks malicious from Mings and would have been nasty if he had caught him! Can tell Mings knew Zaha would retaliate that's why he grabbed his shirt...........silly really we'd already won the foul.

• Shocked 1

Just now, zab6359 said:

Damn no wonder Zaha had a pop, that looks malicious from Mings and would have been nasty if he had caught him! Can tell Mings knew Zaha would retaliate that's why he grabbed his shirt...........silly really we'd already won the foul.

Zaha only sees the leg come down not the reason for it. What part of Zaha is he trying to stomp exactly?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Pretty much anywhere from the back of the knee down IMO

I guarantee Zaha thought this was the case but not convinced there was any intent from Mings and he was focusing on avoiding McGinn but I could be wrong on the latter part

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I guarantee Zaha thought this was the case but not convinced there was any intent from Mings and he was focusing on avoiding McGinn but I could be wrong on the latter part

I think the thought was there but as you say not the intent to commit to it, we all know he has that streak in him and it doesn't bother me. If we are honest he didn't even need to be there McGinn was winning a foul all day long and Tyrone didn't need to do what he did it wasn't even momentum, him and Zaha had been at each other all game someone was going to get a yellow sooner or later. 

No issue the second yellow it's either or, commit the foul or have Zaha clear through and Tyrone did the right thing IMO.

He''ll be missed for Chelsea and Manure though....big time. 

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I still think it looks like an unintentional stamp because he's had to plant his right and kick out with his left to avoid contact with McGinn

There's no stamp. In order to stamp, you have to put your foot down on some part of the opponents body

In normal motion, he is stepping over McGinn in order to claim the football. Zaha get's up and swings handbags, Mings wants nothing of it. In fact, had Mings gone down, Zaha may well have been off for the original foul and his petulant antics.

... and the free was then given to Palace - which dumbfounded me considering it was their foul for which the whistle originally went!

Fast forward 5 minutes and Zaha clearly gets into the back of Mings. He's off balance, turns into him but Zaha now has control of the ball. Foul could have gone either way. But yellow? Really? Mings was waiting for VAR he was so incensed that the original foul was overlooked. Sadly, it never came.

2 hours ago, useless said:

I'm confued by the whole stamp thing, all I see is Mings kicking Zaha in the back of the leg, but even that's only because he's trying to avoid landing on McGinn, when he does land his foot does come down with a stamp but it's nowhere near to landing on any part of Zaha, and the reason it does come down with a stamp is because of momentum...

There's no stamp whatsoever that I can see, I doubt the yellow was even for that incident, was probably for the altercation that followed.

Looking at that, it looks like its all Zaha getting upset that he wasn't able to win the ball after fouling McGinn. Then, as an after thought, he decides to try and appeal to the ref that Mings stamped him. He didn't seem to be hurt when he was rushing in to swing at and swing off Mings.

For the remainder of the game, that seems to be Zaha's one trick, to flop within flopping distance of a Villa player. After Mings got sent off, all his flops were never fouls. The guy is just scum. It wasn't helped by a slow witted ref not seeing  a pattern emerging there. 

A different outcome may have occurred with a decent ref.

Edited by AJ
Incorect spelleng
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

There's no stamp. In order to stamp, you have to put your foot down on some part of the opponents body

In normal motion, he is stepping over McGinn in order to claim the football. Zaha get's up and swings handbags, Mings wants nothing of it. In fact, had Mings gone down, Zaha may well have been off for the original foul and his petulant antics.

... and the free was then given to Palace - which dumbfounded me considering it was their foul for which the whistle originally went!

Fast forward 5 minutes and Zaha clearly gets into the back of Mings. He's off balance, turns into him but Zaha now has control of the ball. Foul could have gone either way. But yellow? Really? Mings was waiting for VAR he was so incensed that the original foul was overlooked. Sadly, it never came.

He clearly connects, you can see the back of the thigh ripple where Mings hit him and it's the whole reason Zaha became incensed and I wouldn't blame him for it. I can also see how it's accidental and that he was trying to regain balance after hurdling McGinn.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think he was trying to plant his feet fast and not on McGinn who he basically straddling either side after he landed. I think he might have slightly nicked the back of Zaha leg and that's why Zaha took offence 

That's exactly how I saw it. I thought he was hurdling over McGinn and just happened to catch Zaha, who overreacted entirely.

25 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He clearly connects, you can see the back of the thigh ripple where Mings hit him and it's the whole reason Zaha became incensed and I wouldn't blame him for it. I can also see how it's accidental and that he was trying to regain balance after hurdling McGinn.

Yes but not with his studs. How can you call it a stamp when the studs aren't involved?

Secondly that only happened cause Zaha fouled McGinn. Then Mings had to leap over him. Placing his foot that way was a way to avoid McGinn and Zaha, even if Zaha was a total girl about it.

Thirdly how Zaha fouls McGinn and it ends up with Mings getting a card for Zaha throwing a fit I'll never know.

Fourthly, how the referee finished hos abysmal refereeing by giving Palace the free kick is amazing.

Bloody terrible refereeing.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Aye - you are quite correct, he does catch Zaha. But it's not a stamp - that requires that you land on a part of the body (and that was my only point there).

And as incensed as Zaha is, he behaved petulantly. Grealish got caught just below the knee in a horrible tackle a week ago but he didn't go running around trying to kill Livermore.

Â