Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Manchester City 'keeping tabs on Aston Villa's Jacob Ramsey'

According to Fichajes, Ramsey has caught the eye of Man City scouts, and the Premier League champions are monitoring his development ahead of a potential move.

Barring a six-month loan spell at Doncaster Rovers, Ramsey has spent his whole career at Villa Park, working his way through the youth ranks before making his first-team debut against West Bromwich Albion in the 2018-19 Championship season.

The midfielder has made 33 appearances for Smith's side across all competitions but is still awaiting his first goal for his boyhood club.

Manchester City 'keeping tabs on Aston Villa's Jacob Ramsey' (sportsmole.co.uk)

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

FFS. If City buy him I swear I am personally going to go to the Etihad, do massive dumps in all their toilets and not flush. 

Would have saved them alot of.money if they had brought Villa as a whole rather than that shit club. One day the penny may drop......they have been sold a counterfeit Premier league club. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I’m a Smith fan by the way. So it’s not as if I’m trying to find his mistakes for the sake of it. 
Ramsey showed he can do better than Barkley. Apart from Liverpool and Arsenal early games, Barkley was below average. 
He could’ve played Jack on the middle as he did when Barkley wasn’t around. He could’ve player Nakamba or Ramsey when Jack wasn’t playing. 
Smith himself got fed of Barkley, but that was after he kept trying him one time after the other. 
Anyway that’s all gone, now Smith is showing (not only me or us, but the whole league) what he can do. As long as he’s learning, and acting quickly, I will be happy even if he do some mistakes. It’s not as if  we understand football more than whoever, but when we see a view, and the manager act accordingly then we would know that he realized something. 
When you look at the club as a whole, you appreciate the work that’s being done. Ofcourse Smith is one of the most important elements in the whole setup.

I don't think Ramsey showed much last season. No assists and no goals, hence his decision to bulk up in pre - season and now we are seeing a very different Ramsey . At times, last season, he was anonymous, now he has a presence on the pitch, he's imposing himself on the opposition. There wasn't anything from him last season, to suggest, he could fill Barkley's role, imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd legit fly to the UK just to drop kick a few people to prevent this from ever happening. F#ck right off.

Re: " Man City keeping tabs on Jacob Ramsey " stories from Newsnow.

Never them ever again, if this happens pep will need bodyguards at Villa park 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I don't think Ramsey showed much last season. No assists and no goals, hence his decision to bulk up in pre - season and now we are seeing a very different Ramsey . At times, last season, he was anonymous, now he has a presence on the pitch, he's imposing himself on the opposition. There wasn't anything from him last season, to suggest, he could fill Barkley's role, imo.

He’s done more than Barkley. He used to get some good chances. Drives the play. He even gave players red and yellow cards. Barkley’s presence especially since getting back to the side was really bad. At times it seemed we were playing with 10. 

10 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

He’s done more than Barkley. He used to get some good chances. Drives the play. He even gave players red and yellow cards. Barkley’s presence especially since getting back to the side was really bad. At times it seemed we were playing with 10. 

I thought I’d stumbled into the Mike Dean thread for a moment.

Just don't think we have to worry about this at all. He's been playing well but not City well. If he went there it would literally be like Delph but probably worse where he never plays. He's not a defensive or scoring or assisting machine. There's no way pep is thinking of a move for him anytime soon.

Maybe in 3-5 years but not yet. He's had a nice run of form but hadn't produced anything yet in terms of numbers.

Nothing to worry about unless city are looking at filling a homegrown gap ... But again, if that was the case he wouldn't actually be playing and I doubt he'd go

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, HKP90 said:

FFS. If City buy him I swear I am personally going to go to the Etihad, do massive dumps in all their toilets and not flush. 

So there seats all over the stadium in each stand it is then, do you have it in you?

Â