Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

On 28/09/2021 at 21:57, leemond2008 said:

I don't believe the Man City rumours for a second, but, if someone was to come in and make a bid for him, how much would you be asking for? 

I think its a difficult one because he's played for us over 20 times now but he's only (in my opinion) started to show that potential this season so I am struggling to think of what his valuation would be

£25m would probably be his fair value. We'd be asking for more I'd assume but with 0 goals, 0 assists to his name I'd imagine other clubs fans would feel pretty aggrieved by a £40m+asking price and probably quite rightly but up to us what price we put on them.

On 27/09/2021 at 19:59, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is just agent-led BS. With Ramsey's unexpected rise to first team regular, they will be looking for a much better contract, and these rumours help to try and make that happen. Nothing to see here. 

• Like 4

On 28/09/2021 at 13:46, Steero113 said:

Better tell his mum to get back on the horse then. We gonna need more Ramsey’s in around 16 years time 

Call the next one a name starting with a ‘k’

then we can have J A C K back in midfield 

• Haha 2

On 26/09/2021 at 20:49, Steero113 said:

Then we could finally dig out the “triple threat” banner I’ve been longing for for god knows how long . 

I'm only just getting used to the " triple lock"....no more triples please.😀

22 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

£25m would probably be his fair value. We'd be asking for more I'd assume but with 0 goals, 0 assists to his name I'd imagine other clubs fans would feel pretty aggrieved by a £40m+asking price and probably quite rightly but up to us what price we put on them.

Who cares what other club's fans feel about anything?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Comes across really level headed. Taking it all in his stride. Doing it major living the dream 🙂. Cant wait for him to register his first goal/assist. Been superb since he came on at Watford. Another easy transition away from JG when the next on the production line is a regular starting and performing every week.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Greenfly said:

Who cares what other club's fans feel about anything?

Nobody. Just saying that he isn't quite Smith-Rowe where we were quite prepared to pay£35-40m for him. He hasn't quite shown that level just yet. We'd undoubtedly value him there but where as (for example) Smith-Rowe's over-valuation had him at £50-60m+ I think Ramseys would have him at £30-40m. 

I was answering a question on his value. I think his fair value is £25m, his actual value to us about £35-40m. 

But if it was us buying Ramsey, I'd feel aggreived at that asking price is all.

• Like 1

I think he has been very good with ball retention, general passing and recycling the ball, being available for the pass and keeping things ticking, i think he is almost showing himself to be a good deep lying recycler of the ball at the moment, all of this is great, a good ball retainer and recycler shouldnt be underrated, its a real skill.

On the flip side, i think he has showed very little going forward, i dont think he has been a threat going forward mostly, and the chances he has had in advanced positions he has fluffed it a little, i have seen in a couple of matches where there were through balls or defence cutting passes on, and he either didnt see it, or take the opportunity, he has also had a couple of decent/good goal scoring opportunities and hasnt taken them.

im sure i will get jumped on for having a different opinion to the people who think he has been super amazing, but such is life.

On balance, i think he has been good overall, excellent in places, but hasnt really done anything to stand out in terms of creation, defence cutting passes, scoring goals etc, he has been as a said above, consistent, a good passer, comfortable on the ball, a good recycler, which in itself is something to be happy with, we have always lacked these types of players who can do a job.

Hopefully he will continue to develop and develop a bit more of a cutting edge to his game, either that or maybe his best position is a deep lying recycler / ball retainer, at which point i would say he is developing very nicely in to that role.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I think he has been very good with ball retention, general passing and recycling the ball, being available for the pass and keeping things ticking, i think he is almost showing himself to be a good deep lying recycler of the ball at the moment, all of this is great, a good ball retainer and recycler shouldnt be underrated, its a real skill.

On the flip side, i think he has showed very little going forward, i dont think he has been a threat going forward mostly, and the chances he has had in advanced positions he has fluffed it a little, i have seen in a couple of matches where there were through balls or defence cutting passes on, and he either didnt see it, or take the opportunity, he has also had a couple of decent/good goal scoring opportunities and hasnt taken them.

im sure i will get jumped on for having a different opinion to the people who think he has been super amazing, but such is life.

On balance, i think he has been good overall, excellent in places, but hasnt really done anything to stand out in terms of creation, defence cutting passes, scoring goals etc, he has been as a said above, consistent, a good passer, comfortable on the ball, a good recycler, which in itself is something to be happy with, we have always lacked these types of players who can do a job.

Hopefully he will continue to develop and develop a bit more of a cutting edge to his game, either that or maybe his best position is a deep lying recycler / ball retainer, at which point i would say he is developing very nicely in to that role.

I think saying he hasn't been super amazing is a fair assessment. He's been good though, and what he's brought to the team seems to have freed up Luiz and McGinn to do what they do best. For that reason, Ramsey has been a revelation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

He isn’t super amazing (atleast yet), but I’m not worried about his forward contributions. I’ve seen enough from him to suggest that he has it in his locker. He almost have one or two good opportunities each game. Once he start scoring I think confidence will grow. He use to score before playing with the first team, he had a success step up. Now it’s time to get his attributes to this higher level. It’s not he’s struggling with anything. Just about luck and confidence (such as the one against Utd). Last season he had several ones too.

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

...i have seen in a couple of matches where there were through balls or defence cutting passes on, and he either didnt see it...

This is the biggest thing he could add to his game and I'm sure it'll come with experience.

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Totally agree with this. 

If he were a 30 year old I'd be worried but given his age I'm hoping to see a massive improvement in his attacking contributions.

Not having the best of afternoons today so far 

Much better recently but totally anonymous today and probably lucky to be on the pitch after the first half.

The problem with having a midfield of Ramsey, McGinn and Luiz is unless they're all completely on it it's really weak

Â