Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

First touch and decision making needs to get better but that will come, he has 4-5 years before he hits his prime using the general rule of thumb.

Just looking like such an improved player, drives the ball forward well and seems to have improved his strength and composure under pressure.

• Like 2

For 20 years old I think he is superb but we have to realise at that age he is unlikely to dominate every game from start to finish but he really is developing the attributes to be a key weapon for us. I look at him compared to Gibbs white at wolves who is a bit Older and a player i like but Ramsey for me is already a better player then him

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

How much is this kid worth?

If he was a Chelsea or pool player, he wouldn't have this many prem appearances, he'd have been out on his 3rd loan stint in the lower divisions but he'd still be worth 20/25m.

Because he's not at the scum6, what is his value?

His value to Villa given he has filled a gaping hole that we desperately needed quality in - £20/25m

His value according to pundits/fans of other teams/sky as he's not a Sky6 youngster - £5m

The proof, if you needed any, in the disparity of player valuations for Sky6 and "other" clubs is when you compare Ramsey with Harvey Elliot. Both homegrown talents, Elliott has 6 PL appearances and a good season at Blackburn under his belt. Ramsey has 23 PL appearances and a short but successful loan to Doncaster (albeit L1 at the time). They both play key positions for their clubs. 

The difference? According to Transfermarkt one is worth £13.5 mil and the other £4.5m. I'll let you guess which ones which. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

Mugged me right off he has.

There are still clear kinks to his game that need ironing out, I feel like he gets in and around the box and melts into a puddle of disappointment and rejection. Possibly just needs to relax a little, because he can handle a ball.

Hopefully it will come, otherwise he will find it a struggle to push on in any meaningful way, but his talent is obvious now as is my stupidity. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

His value to Villa given he has filled a gaping hole that we desperately needed quality in - £20/25m

His value according to pundits/fans of other teams/sky as he's not a Sky6 youngster - £5m

The proof, if you needed any, in the disparity of player valuations for Sky6 and "other" clubs is when you compare Ramsey with Harvey Elliot. Both homegrown talents, Elliott has 6 PL appearances and a good season at Blackburn under his belt. Ramsey has 23 PL appearances and a short but successful loan to Doncaster (albeit L1 at the time). They both play key positions for their clubs. 

The difference? According to Transfermarkt one is worth £13.5 mil and the other £4.5m. I'll let you guess which ones which. 

Yes sounds about right.

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

It's not like Liverpool would even sell him for £13.5m anyway, so why does it matter. Just numbers plucked out of the air by a random website. Harvey Elliot is two years younger and, if we're honest, most Villa fans wanted Ramsey sent out on loan until about 3 games ago. I'm not really surprised at the disparity. 

Nor am I surprised that the media haven't picked up he's playing well. We're mid-table in the league and he's got 0 goals 0 assists. There are just a lot more interesting players for the pundits to discuss. 

He is playing well though, so kudos to him and I hope he keeps it up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

It's not like Liverpool would even sell him for £13.5m anyway, so why does it matter. Just numbers plucked out of the air by a random website. Harvey Elliot is two years younger and, if we're honest, most Villa fans wanted Ramsey sent out on loan until about 3 games ago. I'm not really surprised at the disparity. 

Nor am I surprised that the media haven't picked up he's playing well. We're mid-table in the league and he's got 0 goals 0 assists. There are just a lot more interesting players for the pundits to discuss. 

They definately wouldn't sell him for that, and you're right it doesn't matter but its the disparity in the perception of value based purely on the club that they play for that I take issue with. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

12 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

They definately wouldn't sell him for that, and you're right it doesn't matter but its the disparity in the perception of value based purely on the club that they play for that I take issue with. 

Elliot was a bad comparison, he's has super potential, more than Ramsey, they'd want 40m min.

Look at Brewster, 20m, how? The Chelsea kids that have moved for decent money, Tomori €30m. 

It comes down to scum6 media bias, they hype a player to benefit their ex clubs.

Edit, BTW JJ hasn't done enough to be hyped and valued higher then what he is actually worth,this is something that's reserved for the few with an agenda to push.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Mugged me right off he has.

There are still clear kinks to his game that need ironing out, I feel like he gets in and around the box and melts into a puddle of disappointment and rejection. Possibly just needs to relax a little, because he can handle a ball.

Hopefully it will come, otherwise he will find it a struggle to push on in any meaningful way, but his talent is obvious now as is my stupidity. 

The shot at 2-0 is a sure sign his confidence has really grown.

Probably wasn't the right option to be honest, but he fancied, so he went for it. Good sign right now.

56 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Forget what he is worth. What is important is he keeps improving and keeps his place on merit. 

Can fans start trusting our coaching team with how they handle youngsters now?  If you’re good enough you’ll get your chance. 

That's what it's about pal. It's more of a route in then generating revue through sales for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cizzler said:

It does matter. Having a good Transfermarkt valuation is key to being picked up by clubs when you are in a low division. Agents pay Transfermarkt to give their clients higher market values. 

For Ramsey it might not matter but for other players it matters a lot. 

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Elliot was a bad comparison, he's has super potential, more than Ramsey, they'd want 40m min.

Look at Brewster, 20m, how? The Chelsea kids that have moved for decent money, Tomori €30m. 

It comes down to scum6 media bias, they hype a player to benefit their ex clubs.

Edit, BTW JJ hasn't done enough to be hyped and valued higher then what he is actually worth,this is something that's reserved for the few with an agenda to push.

Tomori was worth 30 million. He was in loan to them from. January and obviously player very well.

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It does matter. Having a good Transfermarkt valuation is key to being picked up by clubs when you are in a low division. Agents pay Transfermarkt to give their clients higher market values. 

For Ramsey it might not matter but for other players it matters a lot. 

Seriously ? Transfermarkt must be cleaning up! 

Â