Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

I said before the season started that I think he might have a chance of getting into the England squad in the next season or two, because England don't have many midfielders of his type, with the exception of Bellingham, they're all either holding midfielders or No.10 types, there's not much in the way at all in terms of box to box midfielders, so I think even just being better than average for us would give him a chance, hopefully the goals will start coming for him soon too, something I think he was good at at youth level and on loan with Doncaster Rovers.

6 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Yeah I thought he looked very tidy, intelligent runs trying to use the ball well, and whilst.he could have passed for that shot effort I won't blame him.

Man could you imagine the eruption had that gone in 😫

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Man could you imagine the eruption had that gone in 😫

Yeah I was willing that in.

Not been convinced - but last couple of games seems to have lost all his nerves looking well at home now. Good athlete, good passing, can't wait for his first goal.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Some nice work - but I didn't see first half against Chelsea - might put Buendia in next game, were I in charge

Glad you’re not, easily keeps his place. Hasn’t done anything wrong. Buendia can wait for his chance. It was his choice to give up his place in the first 11. He can work his way back in.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

Glad you’re not, easily keeps his place. Hasn’t done anything wrong. Buendia can wait for his chance. It was his choice to give up his place in the first 11. He can work his way back in.

Fair enough - however I can't criticise a player for choosing to represent their national side - that's mental - it was his choice to do what any footballer should do - i.e. not really a choice. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Fair enough - however I can't criticise a player for choosing to represent their national side - that's mental - it was his choice to do what any footballer should do - i.e. not really a choice. 

Didn’t criticise him. Just stating the facts. Don’t think the Argentinian boss would hold it against him if he had decided not to go, considering he didn’t make either squad.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

You present your opinion without context. 

I don’t blame a player for wanting to represent their country but we’re amidst a global pandemic where the consequences of travelling abroad are f****** mental. There was also a very strong possibility that he wouldn’t play a minute and guess what, he didn’t.

He needs to work his way back into the side and rightly so. I have full faith that he will because I think he’s a cracking little player.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t blame a player for wanting to represent their country but we’re amidst a global pandemic where the consequences of travelling abroad are f****** mental. There was also a very strong possibility that he wouldn’t play a minute and guess what, he didn’t.

TBF he's always abroad - and even if he doesn't get a sniff why would we say that's a bad idea - we want every English Villa player to make the national team, whatever it takes 

He has improved massively on last season, where he showed glimpses but overall didn't seem ready to be a regular starter in the prem. Well, he is now, and still lots of room for improvement. Feels like a new signing really.

You can tell he desperately wants his first goal and his decision making suffers from it at times, but that won't be a long term problem. 

• Like 1

Looks every inch a Premier League player.  Totally at home. 

At his age he's loads of time to become a brilliantly good Premier League player too. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

He may have been our best player over the first 4 matches, but I thought he was quiet for the first half today before having a better second half.

I would rest him for a match. Younger players often haven't learned to pace themselves over the course of the season. We've got the squad to rotate. Do it before he burns himself out.

Â