Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Other than JPB, Jacob Ramsey I think may have come out of this pre-season with his reputation most furthered. Dean and the staff clearly very much rate him despite some of his performances stalling in what was a very shakey midfield during a very shakey league performance time from feb - may.

The main issue for me with Jacob is I'm not sure which midfield role he is best suited for seems to have equal parts of a 6, 8 and 10. Perhaps 10 is least likely but would certainly be servicable there.He seems to have bulked up a lot this summer ready for the more physical CM roles but the issue with him in either 6 or 8 is I'm very much unsure of who he would be a good partner with.

If we do manage to get another CM of JWP level I think it could actually be well placed for Jacob to be the partner, he desperately needs a more experienced head to guide him through the game in CM and the style Dean wants to have at 6 where they are equally comfortable with the ball as well as sitting could suit the all round nature of Ramsey as he could fill in should JWP progress the ball upfield or similarly could bomb on knowing JWP taking a position in front of the centrebacks.

The marquee CM signing really could be the best thing for Jacobs development as I think he's already ready and doesn't need a loan yet will continue to get lost in a midfield with McGinn or Luiz next to him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I suppose he could develop into the role. he has the energy and reading to do so.

I still see him a little further forward though. He reminds me a little of Dembele of Fulham/Spurs fame. An aggressive ‘pressurer’ and ball carrier.

Yea I think he's more box to box too, he's got some competition there though with us. If he manages to get some starts ahead of Sanson, McGinn, Luiz, that means he's at a very good level already.

• Like 2

I see a lot in him that I saw in Andre Green.
Gets into great positions off the ball, makes great runs into dangerous areas at good times, and I am thinking you should have a bunch of goals already mate, if for a bit of luck and a fraction of a second here or there.

...but you're not impacting games on the ball, you're a bit timid and you need to fast at this level become a dominant character. I hope he has it in him because he looks like a footballer and has no reason not to start really progressing his game.

Just now, Rolta said:

Yeah he looked good. He looked our best CM and I say that thinking he needed a loan. 

No chance of a loan, he will be starting regularly if we don't strengthen our middle in the window.

Played well today, competed in the challenge and didn't let anyone passed him without a real battle. 

He's absolutely dog shit.

Yes he's young and I"m sure he has a big future. But he shouldn't be anywhere near the team at the moment. If he's featuring regularly we have huge problems.

Toilet

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes he's young and I"m sure he has a big future. But he shouldn't be anywhere near the team at the moment. If he's featuring regularly we have huge problems.

Toilet

Utter nonsense

We shouldnt have a midfeld this poor but that is what it is and he's more than good enough to play in it, better than Nakamba and its not even close 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Toilet

You must be lost.  The Nakamba and Targett thread are that way 👉👉

It was obvious from the effort and time we put into him that he would feature heavily this year, let’s keep supporting this young man he’ll only get better he will have bad games as most youngsters do, I feel the need to constantly defend him as he’s never good enough for some but they’re happy enough moaning for Chukwemeka to start what happens when he doesn’t score or assist? Do we write him off like many have with Ramsey? Key word patience 

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Were meant to be chasing top six and were still having to rely on Ramsey.

Needs to be loaned out.

He was the best midfielder today.

So by that logic, it's the people he replaced and up staged who should be loaned out.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Utter nonsense

We shouldnt have a midfeld this poor but that is what it is and he's more than good enough to play in it, better than Nakamba and its not even close 

They're both crap. I don't know what people were watching today. Constantly lost the ball, no threat.

Â