Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Erm, did you watch the game?

Yep I was there...I’d say Bailey and Traore were the two positives from today’s game. Ramsey was on the pitch and it was virtually impossible to be as bad second half as we were first half. 

Just now, Mark_1989 said:

Yep I was there...I’d say Bailey and Traore were the two positives from today’s game. Ramsey was on the pitch and it was virtually impossible to be as bad second half as we were first half. 

Jesus Mark, is this your first season as a villa fan or something? 🤣

1 minute ago, Mark_1989 said:

Other than Wolves away last season - please highlight the reasons why he should be playing?

I was saying how ridiculous it is that people are writing him off after the equivalent of 7 games of football at this level. That's all. He doesn't deserve that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark_1989 said:

Well you might need to watch it on TV again.lol

He did more in a couple mins than the whole first 11 did in 45.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yet McGinn is an untouchable? 

Not for one second is McGinn untouchable and I’m sure when Dougie is back McGinn may even see some competition to start. But at least with McGinn you know he has a finish in him, as proven today.

Just now, Mark_1989 said:

Not for one second is McGinn untouchable and I’m sure when Dougie is back McGinn may even see some competition to start. But at least with McGinn you know he has a finish in him, as proven today.

Ah yes, the El Ghazi defence. Doesn't work when you're anonymous in a 2-man midfield most of the game. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well you might need to watch it on TV again.lol

He did more in a couple mins than the whole first 11 did in 45.

As mentioned virtually impossible to be as bad second half as we were first half. I’m not having that Ramsey was this awe inspiring substitution. And if it’s a case of us turning to Ramsey this season, let me tell you our ambitions for the season ahead need to be tapered. Fortunately I trust our recruitment to bring someone new in and this won’t be the case.

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Ah yes, the El Ghazi defence. Doesn't work when you're anonymous in a 2-man midfield most of the game. 

And that is our problem.....a 2 man midfield. We were overrun again today, has Smith got a blindspot when it comes to our mids?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not saying Ramsey is the answer.

However, I think he deserves better than to be slagged off, as one of our youngsters, after just having a great game.

Meanwhile you've got senior players, probably earning 10 times as much as him, who were garbage and get a pass.

I know it’s like he gets slagged off because the manager bought him on to try and change the game. Like it’s his fault for that! I really like him and think he has a great future. He is getting better every game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know it’s like he gets slagged off because the manager bought him on to try and change the game. Like it’s his fault for that! I really like him and think he has a great future. He is getting better every game. 

Out of likes, but agreed!

He tries to play quick and dynamically, he's gotten much stronger as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting goals as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not saying Ramsey is the answer.

However, I think he deserves better than to be slagged off, as one of our youngsters, after just having a great game.

Meanwhile you've got senior players, probably earning 10 times as much as him, who were garbage and get a pass.

Not sure I’ve given anyone a free pass in the slightest. 

Any player who pulls on a Villa shirt I’m ultimately going to wish well. But with the level of investment and ambition our owners have. To be relying on an unproven Ramsey is alarming.

However I do have faith that our recruitment will address this.

11 minutes ago, Dave_jW said:

And that is our problem.....a 2 man midfield. We were overrun again today, has Smith got a blindspot when it comes to our mids?

Well he changed it up at half time, so he made a mistake initially but tried to correct it at least. I honestly think 2 men of the requisite quality could do it, but I don't think McGinn is that guy.

21 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

As mentioned virtually impossible to be as bad second half as we were first half. I’m not having that Ramsey was this awe inspiring substitution. And if it’s a case of us turning to Ramsey this season, let me tell you our ambitions for the season ahead need to be tapered. Fortunately I trust our recruitment to bring someone new in and this won’t be the case.

We are missing two of our central midfielders that will be ahead of him in the pecking order. He's largely one for the future, that came in and did a job today in the absence of senior players that were missing.

When Sanson is fit, and Luiz is back, we won't be turning to Ramsey... your abuse of him, especially after today's performance, is misguided. 

Best Aston Villa central midfielder today. Came on and stifled them, passed the ball well and got stuck in. Showed good composure and gave us control in the middle of the park. No accident we were better when he came on.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

We are missing two of our central midfielders that will be ahead of him in the pecking order. He's largely one for the future, that came in and did a job today in the absence of senior players that were missing.

When Sanson is fit, and Luiz is back, we won't be turning to Ramsey... your abuse of him, especially after today's performance, is misguided. 

Not sure I’ve abused him. Just don’t think he has warranted a spot in the team nor understand what he offers.

I accept that when Luiz is fit and Sanson he isn’t likely to feature. Yet I’m seeing some people stating it’s his shirt to lose.

Hence why I’m merely stating if that should be true - we are in trouble

He is a kid with potential. He definitely should not be starting for us. That is not having a go at him. He may well turn into a great player but he is a young inexperienced up and coming player at the moment and nothing else. If he is starting matches for us then our management, who have had millions of investment, have totally failed. 

• Like 1

Â