Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

I’d be very surprised if he went out on loan. He’s establishing himself as a first team squad member. He’s surpassed the loan development stage. For me, this is what youth development looks like. Seems like a steady eddy developer. I think he’ll improve again this season.

• Like 3

Imposed himself a lot more, looks like he's becoming more physical in his game. Both in winning and holding up the ball.

Edited by Skruff
Spelling

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He always seems to perform well off the bench but not so well when he starts games. Odd. 

Definitely a player in there though. Feel as though he needs a loan. 

He’s a young lad, they’re inconsistent.

I’ve seen a lot of comments that he needs loan, judging by the amount of games he started last season I think DS thinks differently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'd like to see him developing into a more defensive midfielder in maybe a similar mould to Kalvin Phillips. He'd be ahead of where Phillips was at his age too.

Nah - not his game at all IMO

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Nah - not his game at all IMO

Maybe not so far in his career but it is a game he could develop hopefully. Plenty of young attacking midfielders end up moving back to become deep lying midfielders. He has a good first touch, is a good passer, is quick, is physically very strong for his size and has a good head on his shoulders for his age. So far for Villa his biggest weakness for Villa has been that he has been too conservative on the ball for an attacking midfielder but playing deeper with the game in front of him might suit better.

I know I'm probably being too hopeful, I had a lot of faith that Andre Green would make it too.

Played well today, harried, chased and had some decent touches and passes. I think he needs a loan personally but needs to be no lower than championship level. The more game time he’ll get, the better he’ll get, simple as. 

Could come back and really stake a claim I feel. 

7 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I know many will not agree, but his development if one of the reasons I am not too concerned with our centre midfield. 

Could che be a 6 though? That's where most people would want some money spent.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

He always seems to perform well off the bench but not so well when he starts games. Odd. 

Was just thinking that. Very casual when he starts, more energy when he comes on as a sub.

6-12 months of regular football could totally transform him.

A loan to the Championship would be the best for him right now but we're probably not quite in the position to lose him with so much uncertainty on fitness.

Lad can play.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'd like to see him developing into a more defensive midfielder in maybe a similar mould to Kalvin Phillips. He'd be ahead of where Phillips was at his age too.

I could defeinitely see this happening to be honest. When he fills out a bit the physicality should be there. He's definitely got the passing ability. He seems to read the game well also.

10 hours ago, romavillan said:

Could che be a 6 though? That's where most people would want some money spent.

I suppose he could develop into the role. he has the energy and reading to do so.

I still see him a little further forward though. He reminds me a little of Dembele of Fulham/Spurs fame. An aggressive ‘pressurer’ and ball carrier.

• Like 1

I think if we can ensure our midfield options are fit, he would greatly benefit from a fulll season of playing in the champ.

Playing week in, week out would benefit his development imo.

11 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Personally, I thought he was great for his full debut last season at Wolves.

• Like 1

Â