Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

9 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

If this was a young French midfielder doing what he is doing in the French pub league we would all be getting excited about the prospect of signing him but this is one of our own doing incredible things in a far more competitive league. We should be shouting loud and proud about this guy which I know most of us do

Love his turnovers....and his pace is deceptive.

4 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Our academy has produced about £180-200m of value from 3 players alone in Grealish, Chuk and Ramsay (valued at about £60-80m right now). 

That's why the academies are so important. Aaron and Archer probably another 40-50 mil combined as well. 

• Like 1

On 04/06/2023 at 18:05, maqroll said:

Brazil Scout made a compilation of our JJ

What a player ,he’s involved in so much of our positive work . As others have pointed out ,if he was playing for somebody else people would be saying “ why haven’t we got a player like that !?”.

let’s enjoy watching him develop further under UE , hopefully he’s with us for a very long time . Go JJ🔥

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Where does everybody think his best position is?

(Spoiler. I know the answer, just interested to see what others think)

Pretty much what he does now, somewhere / anywhere between the 8 and 11

Starts the game lined up on the left but drifts in and out depending on what we're doing, controlling possession springing a counter etc

If moreno overlaps he drops slightly deeper and in a bit to offer cover and support, that's what I think he does really well, creates space for morenoaand I'm sure statistically he covers a lot of ground and defensively he's surprisingly good

If Ollie drifts wide he comes central and looks to run past the 10, that's something I think he can do better, got more goals in him

Basically I think Emery is actually asking him to do a lot, if he breaks in to the England team he'd be looking at the mount cm role which is a lot more standard and I'm sure he'd be very capable of doing too

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Pretty much what he does now, somewhere / anywhere between the 8 and 11

Starts the game lined up on the left but drifts in and out depending on what we're doing, controlling possession springing a counter etc

If moreno overlaps he drops slightly deeper and in a bit to offer cover and support, that's what I think he does really well, creates space for morenoaand I'm sure statistically he covers a lot of ground and defensively he's surprisingly good

If Ollie drifts wide he comes central and looks to run past the 10, that's something I think he can do better, got more goals in him

Basically I think Emery is actually asking him to do a lot, if he breaks in to the England team he'd be looking at the mount cm role which is a lot more standard and I'm sure he'd be very capable of doing too

Yeah his role in the Villa side isn't exactly one of the traditional positions, he's like a ball winning trequartista/AM who also has to cover the full back. He seems to fit it perfectly. I think he'd lose some of his game as a traditional 8, and playing left of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 he woudl lose some of his game too. He's going to get better as well.

Is Aaron playing as a 10?

• Like 1

On 07/06/2023 at 11:07, Reivax_Villa said:

He has all the fundamentals to be a top midfielder and we can build around him.

Emery won't build around any individuals nor should he.

All about the system.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Where does everybody think his best position is?

(Spoiler. I know the answer, just interested to see what others think)

He hasnt been tried yet but I would be curious if he could play that role next to Watkins we have tried Buendia/Bailey in

He is one of the best finishers we have and could do more damage 

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He hasnt been tried yet but I would be curious if he could play that role next to Watkins we have tried Buendia/Bailey in

He is one of the best finishers we have and could do more damage 

It’s an interesting one. Personally, I see his main attribute as being a brilliant runner with the ball, driving towards the byline and cutting the ball back. Not only this, he has the ability to get into the box and is probably the best finisher at the club? (Certainly one of). 

I think if you play him more centrally behind Watkins, he loses that bit of space to motor forward out wide and deliver dangerous crosses into the box. That’s not to say I don’t think he could play it, I think he could, but I feel we’ll go for someone more technical to play that role. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Emery won't build around any individuals nor should he.

All about the system.

I agree - we saw how much we struggled after Grealish left and should not be putting ourselves in that position again. Emery won't be doing that though, as you said. 

On 04/06/2023 at 13:05, maqroll said:

Brazil Scout made a compilation of our JJ

He’s not a similar player to either Frank Lampard or Paul Scholes BUT when you watch a compilation you see how often he arrives into the right position late in the box. We have waited years for a midfielder who can do that consistently - since Platt, I’d say. And he has the potential to score a LOT of goals from that position if he keeps developing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

But season ahead for him. He's established now. We'll be relying on him to be more consistent. Hope he can rise to the occasion.

I know a lot won't care because Southgate is a **** clown and England normally leads to poaching... But he has that incentive right in front of him too, I think he gets a chance in the October games and could make the euros next summer if he has a good year

• Like 1

Â