Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

He is the player I am most excited about next season, no matter who we sign this window.

He just needs to add consistency and he will be a Champions League level player in a year or two, he is an outstanding talent and thankfully seems to be getting better and better. Perversely I think new midfield arrivals will help him next season, it will spread the load and allow him to develop without the burden of expectation. 

It might be a saving grace that he isnt playing for England seniors at the moment, he is already better than Gallagher and has a higher ceiling so it makes a mockery of the senior squad selection at times. I can see him and Bellingham being the backbone of Englands midfield in a couple of years. The U21's is just fine, he will shine.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Classic example of hard work beats talent.

This guy burst onto the scene out of nowhere and his brother was supposedly from what I've heard more talented.

I know Aaron is yoinger but Jacob was a PL regular at his age.

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

I can see him and Bellingham being the backbone of Englands midfield in a couple of years. The U21's is just fine, he will shine.

Rice, Bellingham and JJ would be a great midfield 3, I just can’t see Southgate doing that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

This guy burst onto the scene out of nowhere and his brother was supposedly from what I've heard more talented.

I agree, I know thats what they used to say but Jacob is doing it now in the PL and frankly he has improved exponentially in the last 18 months since this was the mantra.

He is coming up against the Chumpz League ceiling  . Where Southgate points out that he hasnt got experience at the highest level. 

I just do not want him to be rushed . Let him develop further away from the limelight . Huge huge potential but we know he is inconsistent.  Let him get that consistency next season with the villa and then lets see where he is.

Its what i hate about Southgate.  He promotes too early .which means that young players who by nature are inconsistent and by nature still to either push on   plateau  or fade away get picked. 

Look at Gallagher. He seems to me to have plateaued but still getting picked. 

They should finish at u21s and then get their head down for a few years and learn their position in the prem .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Partly I think JJ being bigger but also because we were a poorer side / easier to get into. It's harder for youngsters to play now than it was a couple of years back.

That said - JJ has really taken his chance. Powerful runner and a really good finisher, he's going to be one of our key players next season and for years to come. 

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Rice, Bellingham and JJ would be a great midfield 3, I just can’t see Southgate doing that 

Jones, elliot and skipp will all get a nod ahead of him

That's why I think he's actually under a bit of pressure to do well this summer because the big nose clown will call up the usual suspects + players from his favourite clubs in the autumn games, for JJ to get his chance he need a great tournament

Same for eze with these 2 games, got to take that opportunity cos the Liverpool players are coming

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Enjoy hm while we can as I am resigned to the fact he will be sold to Man City in 2 to 3 years time.

Clearly I could be proven wrong, but every interview I see with JJ he’s just so grounded. Obviously got a great family around him and genuinely seems humbled to be here. 

On 14/06/2023 at 16:29, The Fun Factory said:

Enjoy hm while we can as I am resigned to the fact he will be sold to Man City in 2 to 3 years time.

If City come calling, then that’s another £100m.

Aaron takes his place…

Rinse and repeat.

On 14/06/2023 at 16:30, MSvillain said:

Southgate will be gone soon enough 

By the time he is gone, it'll be eight years too late. Can't believe the clown has been in charge seven years. Absolutely insane.

Edited by Tom13

On 14/06/2023 at 07:56, MWARLEY2 said:

He is coming up against the Chumpz League ceiling  . Where Southgate points out that he hasnt got experience at the highest level. 

I just do not want him to be rushed . Let him develop further away from the limelight . Huge huge potential but we know he is inconsistent.  Let him get that consistency next season with the villa and then lets see where he is.

Its what i hate about Southgate.  He promotes too early .which means that young players who by nature are inconsistent and by nature still to either push on   plateau  or fade away get picked. 

Look at Gallagher. He seems to me to have plateaued but still getting picked. 

They should finish at u21s and then get their head down for a few years and learn their position in the prem .

Jude Bellingham does not approve this message 

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

By the time he is gone, it'll be eight years too late. Can't believe the clown has been in charge seven years. Absolutely insane.

That’s the issue with dealing with numbers. Sometimes people look at his achievements (semi final and a final) and say wow he’s the best England had in the last couple of decades. But the thing is what is England squad compared to others? Same goes with Belgium, keeping Martinez costed them a golden generation while winning nothing. 

• Like 1

Â