Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

He's half right though. When the competition was introduced, the english media narrative was, "the competition nobody wants".

FTFY

And the EL isn't much better in that regard

Edit - wonder if West ham reaching the final / winning it might change some minds

A cup is a cup, we should be trying to win the lot

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

FTFY

And the EL isn't much better in that regard

Edit - wonder if West ham reaching the final / winning it might change some minds

A cup is a cup, we should be trying to win the lot

I distinctly remember the Europa Cup being ridiculed with Platini coming out having to defend it. This was around ten years ago. I can believe the perception of the conference league will also change in the years to come (in this country).

Likewise, any tournament we’re in, I want us to win. I don’t want the senior team to ever be involved in the FA trophy for obvious reasons. But IF we ever were, I’d want us to win the damn thing.

• Like 2

What impresses me about JJ's performance yesterday was how his range of skills has improved. He showed plenty of the running with the ball that we've known about for a long time, but the vision of his passing has improved (even if the accuracy still needs a little work) and his off-the-ball running was excellent.

• Like 1

Ramsey has more licence to run with the ball when Moreno don't play it seems to me.

Digne sits more allowing him that freedom and less worry defensively.

Great player will only get better would love to see him and Aaron in the same team next year.  Euro adventures so every chance.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

JJ clearly with some growing up to do. Glad Ezri told him to have some respect. I know others found this funny but actually I think he’s being quite rude and disrespectful. 

He's clearly just messing around. I honestly don't know why anybody has a problem with it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He's clearly just messing around. I honestly don't know why anybody has a problem with it.

I know we all see things differently, but I don’t think he was messing. He didn’t say it in a jokey tone or laughed after. I think he actually meant it. But then not everyone cares about the conference league anyway. 

Edited by CLARETANDBLUEFOXY

I've seen people on social media desperate to make this little JJ clip, a " thing ".

Now... does anything about his character and how he carries himself or performs, suggest that he's a prick or would want to disrespect fans?

If it was what some are trying to make out, do you think it would have been posted in the first place?

Separate and aside from that, what do some want? For him to be publicly reprimanded, dropped to the bomb squad and fined a months wages? Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Happy about that clip.

You see where Jacob's standard is.

We need to aim for the top.

Getting a hard on over conference is a little odd.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

It's a private moment that should have never made it online. Now randoms on the internet get to parse a single spoken line from a 22 year old after a MOTM performance. 

Emi Martinez has said as much. Conference is nice but the goal is Champions League. Our players, our manager are an ambitious group.  I'll take some indifference to finishing 7th because I know they are all focused on delivering far loftier goals in the future. 

Not that I think the JJ stuff is remotely notable.... but this really isn't the same thing. At all.

5 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

It's a private moment that should have never made it online. Now randoms on the internet get to parse a single spoken line from a 22 year old after a MOTM performance. 

Indeed. I don't really care what the players think about the value of the competition as long as they put a shift in. Whether he's serious or joking, I don't care

What is Luiz doing posting that on Instagram though? That's not on at all

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Indeed. I don't really care what the players think about the value of the competition as long as they put a shift in. Whether he's serious or joking, I don't care

What is Luiz doing posting that on Instagram though? That's not on at all

I don't think anyone values that competition tbh.

Even Europa League has a pretty bad reputation.

Only reason you want Europa League is because it's an additional ticket into CL

Should we really be knocking a kid for setting high standards for the club though? I'm glad he isn't satisfied with conference. We have elite owners and to become an elite football club we need to aim for the top. Standards needs to be raised.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

It was obviously meant as a light hearted joke, I think people not only reading Ramsey's meaning wrong but also Konsa's, which I think is what's causing a lot of the misundertanding, if Konsa doesn't react like that hardly anyone would be bothered by what Ramsey said as the context would be different, but Konsa wasn't telling Ramsey off with any real seriousness, he was obviously joking himeself.

No Debate

If you ignore Konsa's reaction and just listen to what Ramsey said and more importanly the way he said it, especially the cadence, the way his voice rises and then drops again in a way typical of so many comedic deliveries, then I think it becomes not even debatable that he was joking.

I'm reminded of Spike Milligan

On his grave he has the famous quite 'I told you I was ill', when we read that we read it in a certain way, the way we read it is similar to the way Ramsey says 'it's only conference'.

18 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

storm-in-a-tea-cup-picture-id697180304?k

To be fair, if that happened in my cup of tea I'd be pretty concerned.

Don't care about JJs comment though. He's right, it is a massive fan turnout and response to what is a minor achievement. I guess relatively to what we've put up with lately it's big, but relative to where Emery, the players and the fans want us to be it's not.

My take on it is he's just playing it down in his mind. He doesn't want to feel the pressure, it's a throwaway comment, done at the shock of seeing so many fans to try and downplay the feelings it's generating inside him. 

The fact he then goes on to perform possibly his best game for us just proves it worked. Whether he thrives on pressure or not, how he handled that within himself was perfect. The world shouldn't really be getting to see it. 

Konsa has had a longer career with more time to appreciate the limited success that makes the conference league a bigger thing to him. He's also best mates with Ramsey so taking an opportunity to lay it him...why wouldn't he.

7 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Whos been spouting that nonsense? He’s 100% a Villa fan

Probably the Small Heath link. That's where his dad is from and actually boxed for Small Heath ABC. Doesn't mean anything, Lee Hendrie's dad played for Blues but Lee was all about the Villa.

Edited by sheepyvillian

Â