Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Having watched him yesterday I think he has come of age, I know he is good & has bags of potential, through playing under Emery I've seen him have good game & very good games also seen him go missing abit in games where he doesn't effect the game like he should but I put that down to his age & learning under Emery. But yesterday I seen a player that had everything, pace, power, awareness, composure, balance & fight he was a monster yesterday & as good as everybody played yesterday he stood out above all of them. I like how Emery is playing him but I think eventually he will play centrally so he has the whole pitch to move wherever he likes, with his assists & goals I alike him to a lampard type player, I think in few more years he will be hot property not that he isn't now, but we'll could be our next £100 million academy player. Love him beast of a player 😍 & he is all ours 💪

• Like 1

Ironically, that was the JJ “dominate” gameplan yesterday. Taking 4-5 people on his own, run at Veltman so hard he had to get substituted out. 

Both against Liverpool and then Brighton, if he has space to run, he will be a menace. At the same time, his set up for Luiz showed a side that he hasn’t shown much this season which is squaring up the defender trying to show him the line and then making the right decision. 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Kids these days

Before anyone makes any 2+2=5 Purslow-level conspiracies regarding JJ's "It's only Conference" comment, he's clearly joking here.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

Should Ramsey feel slightly aggrieved that Watkins didn't seem to thank him for putting the ball on a plate for him to score? Match winning performance from him yesterday.

Didn’t they run off hugging each other before Watkins did his celebration?

Already discussed and moved on from this morning. Its a silly joke, he's called out on it by more experienced teammates and then he's gone and played an absolute blinder to get us into 'only the conference'. Let's just move on

9 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Before anyone makes any 2+2=5 Purslow-level conspiracies regarding JJ's "It's only Conference" comment, he's clearly joking here.  

He's clearly not but he's a kid, doesn't really matter.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Steero113 said:

He's a better ball carrier than Jack. 

Come at me. 

I think he's much further ahead than Jack was on his 22nd birthday, but this is the age where Jack's development started to skyrocket.  Hopefully he can keep pushing for improvement under Emery.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Didn’t they run off hugging each other before Watkins did his celebration?

Could be wrong but it looked as though Watkins didn't acknowledge Ramsey whatsoever. Anyway, minor point,

35 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Could be wrong but it looked as though Watkins didn't acknowledge Ramsey whatsoever. Anyway, minor point,

Can't embed the video but yeah he does, he finishes his own phone call celebration he looks round for him and gives him a hug

The conference comment and konsas response is brilliant, no one should care just enjoy it

Konsa and JJ went on holiday together last summer, they put videos of them working out together on social media

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

I think he's much further ahead than Jack was on his 22nd birthday, but this is the age where Jack's development started to skyrocket.  Hopefully he can keep pushing for improvement under Emery.

37 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

But Jack always had more natural talent, was obvious to most he was likely to become top class even at a very young age.

I think both views are true without being contradictory.

Grealish has/had the higher ceiling and will very likely prove to be the better player over their respective careers.

Ramsey is probably better at the age of 21/22 than Grealish was. He’s certainly doing it at a higher standard. 

Questionable comparison aside, at the risk of offering a rather simplistic view on who I prefer, it’s the player who wants to play for Villa.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Two totally different players with different attributes and personalities too. Jack is smooth as silk on the pitch and JJ has the impact of a sledgehammer.

When people used to ask which past player Jack was comparable too, I would say, imo, Steve Mcmanaman. When it comes to JJ, I'm struggling a bit. Steve Hodge, maybe?

24 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

When people used to ask which past player Jack was comparable too, I would say, imo, Steve Mcmanaman. When it comes to JJ, I'm struggling a bit. Steve Hodge, maybe?

I think the grealish Mcmanaman comparison is fair . As for JJ he reminds me a little of Rooney when he runs with the ball especially the first 5 yards or so.

His off the ball running to the edge of the box is Lampard-esque not as good obviously but occasionally he makes those devastating runs late to the edge of the box. 

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think the grealish Mcmanaman comparison is fair . As for JJ he reminds me a little of Rooney when he runs with the ball especially the first 5 yards or so.

His off the ball running to the edge of the box is Lampard-esque not as good obviously but occasionally he makes those devastating runs late to the edge of the box. 

I get the Lampard comparison more than I do the Rooney. Rooney had such a low sense  of gravity and had more of a goal scoring instinct, imo. The reason I mentioned Hodge is because I can remember how good he was down that left side of midfield for England at Mexico 86.

Edited by sheepyvillian

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Also JJ is quite low-profile off the pitch compared to biscuit shiins.

JG didn't have a huge profile really until he joined City.

Â