Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Casemiro's biggest victim. Was schooled and bullied. Hope he learned something.

Agreed, I hope he has learned from this as well. Casemiro is obviously a quality player that’s won a ton of trophies, but if JJ wants to go to the next level he needs to learn how to use his body more against a player like that.

• Like 2

Casimero gets a yellow for his early tackle and his game changes so Ramsey becomes more present.

Was quiet today, but the refereeing aided United's job in doing that. 

• Like 1

He needs to assert himself a little more in games like today. His position is absolutely key for the way Emery wants us to play: he's tucking in well and offering decent cover when the opposition is in possession, but he needs to be more proactive in possession and be more willing to make himself available for passes. 

Might be that he's working so hard on his positioning that he doesn't want to f**k it up by straying out of line. If he can develop this skill, he'll be a massive massive player. 

• Like 2

The highs and lows of Ramsey.

On form he is great, full of energy, drawing fouls, driving forwards, playing passes, chasing and blocking.

But the last 2 years end if season his form dipped, it seems to be happening again.

It's not all on Ramsey,  others form has also dipped but don't know if it's a coincidence or he needs to be rested a bit more than he is ?

Had that tricky second full season most young kids do when opposition actually worked out plans to stop them.

Today I felt he just held onto the ball far too long. Nothing wrong with trying to beat a couple of players but you can't do it every single time on a counter, sometimes it's just best to pass and move as that can create space.

Him arriving for that chance that got blocked second half shows what he's about and he's becoming tactically more aware under UE.

At worst he becomes a solid premier league midfielder who hits 6-7 goals a season and that's not bad at all. I think with his ball carrying ability his potential remains huge and he's under the right manager to keep learning from.

• Like 2

Still learning......and I like the boy very much....He still has a lot to learn.

One of the things that make you an exceptional player, is when the opposition have trouble stopping you applying yourself.....Jack himself over came this hurdle when he was growing with us.

just recently JJ has been stopped too easily, he needs to improve his game, so he can apply his talent, to the full.

I guess he can be excused when a player like Casemiro, shuts him down, but he needs to ensure other not so high profile players have a harder time trying to do it.

JJ needs to work on being more commanding.

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Hes a good player but Emery needs to protect him from time to time.  He probably should have been taken off today but wasn’t 

Because of our small squad he has played way too much. He's had to play even when he's no where near form.

Next season he will be used much more sparingly

• Like 1

Far too often he receives the ball and Moreno bombs on in acres of space but Ramsey takes too many touches instead of putting the ball over the top. Tis getting frustrating. 

He's not consistently good enough (not on a week-by-week basis, but within a game). He does some clever stuff occasionally, and then other times you think, come on, wake up. Not good enough in tight spaces either.

Â