Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

15 hours ago, Mark_1989 said:

Never truly rated Ramsey, don’t see him having the career some people suggest.

Few good games against Norwich and Leeds last year but for the most part ineffective.

If he wasn’t a local lad he would get dogs abuse. Yesterday was truly awful performance.

The other part of it is simply age. Very few players who turned 21 a few weeks ago are starting in the PL. Of course he isn’t consistently at his best. The hope is he finds that over the next couple of years.

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s just turned 21. He will have lots of ups and downs before he finds consistent form.

That doesn't mean he's not responsible for the attitude he brings to the pitch and the same with any other player. Talent, work - rate and self- belief are all dependent on the individual having the correct attitude, you may get away with the odd player or two shirking that necessity but when it's near enough the whole team, what chance have you got?

One bad apple and all that. It's not long before the whole barrel has become rotten. When are these players going to take a look in the mirror and really ask themselves if they're giving enough for 90 minutes on a weekend? 

I'm sick to death of these inept displays. 

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

That doesn't mean he's not responsible for the attitude he brings to the pitch and the same with any other player. Talent, work - rate and self- belief are all dependent on the individual having the correct attitude, you may get away with the odd player or two shirking that necessity but when it's near enough the whole team, what chance have you got?

One bad apple and all that. It's not long before the whole barrel has become rotten. When are these players going to take a look in the mirror and really ask themselves if they're giving enough for 90 minutes on a weekend? 

I'm sick to death of these inept displays. 

I don't think there's a lack of application or effort from JJ. He's not always going to be at his best. Also add the fact that he and McGinn playing at the same time leaves us very exposed in the middle which makes him look worse.

Ramseys form is exactly why we need another option in midfield (and we need to be selling somebody like Nakamba to open up a space). 

He's just turned 21, his form is going to be up and down, we all know the club can be a demanding place to play. Gerrard needs to be able to protect Ramsey a bit in order to grow into the player he showed last year he can absolutely become.

Luiz should be starting over both Ramsey and McGinn at the moment, the fact he's not starting over either is a real problem, only came on in place of Kamara too. We need to utilise him to his strengths or go and grab a midfielder we trust to do the role Luiz should be getting game time to do.

If Gerrard can't fix our style and form soon, it's going to get ugly and Gerard had a responsibility to give some players the time away from the XI that they need and their form demands

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Stunned GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

My reaction when you (maybe, one day) finally say something positive. 

I've praised Jacob plenty in this thread and that this should be another year when he kicks on but....he can't just be a runner from midfield. He needs to develop.

• Like 1

Ramsey isn't bottom fifteen percent for passes completed, his passes completed stats are just as good as Luiz's or so I read, and Ramsey tries more adventurous passes than Luiz does.

He's apparently bottom fifteen percent for passess attempted but that's a different thing, doesn't mean he can't pass, it means he doesn't pass the ball as often as other midfielders, but a lot of other midfielders get their attempted pass stats up by playing safe passes back to defence or amongst each other where they're not causing a threat so opposition let them have the ball..

He's one of the most dependable passers we have, and one of the players I trust the most to keep possession for us, even when surrounded by players, this recent idea that all he's good for is driving forward with the ball is bizzare to me.

If he was to leave to tomorrow he would be going to a bigger club than us.

And yes he was bad on Saturday, and can't have any complaints if he's dropped for next game, but overall he's been brilliant for us, if we had ten other players as good in their positions as Ramsey is in his then we would be a lot better for it.

• Like 2

Very good today...

Some really direct play, runs and a lung-busting sixty yard run in the second-half was a highlight.

Proved today he and McGinn can play together, the midfield three hopefully still improving game by game.

• Like 1

Some good ball progression for us today. Like Grealish used to, very handy to be able to get the ball 50 yards further forward and retain possession.

Needs to get more involved deeper as well I would say. The middle of that pitch was empty a lot of the time too often.

8 hours ago, messi11 said:

Can run pass players like Forrest Gump. needs to improve on his passing.
Better performance 

As has been said 97 % completed passes from 63 attempted passes. Metronomic today and his running was brilliant.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

As has been said 97 % completed passes from 63 attempted passes. Metronomic today and his running was brilliant.

I thought he was excellent

Certainly beats trying to ping the ball 76565345345 yards

• Like 1

Â