Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

He's had one good season and even trailed off a bit at the end. 

Nothing is guaranteed with the lad, and 60m of pure profit would be hard to resist, and could be used to sign two quality players.

I'm not saying I want it to happen, I just think it'd give the brass food for thought. 

But what does that mean for our club? 

I'm not sure purslow is in a position to happily accept £60m for a local lad doing well for us, once again it will be a case of forget market value what does it mean for us going forward

And £60m won't buy us 2 good players... We're struggling to buy a new number 8 as it is

9 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

To have a player in the modern game who can do what JJ does is a rare and valuable trait to have.

If he can improve the other side of his game which in my opinion is mainly is passing ability then we have a future top international star on our hands.

When he runs at defenders in space it feels like there us nothing they can do to stop him sometimes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

To have a player in the modern game who can do what JJ does is a rare and valuable trait to have.

If he can improve the other side of his game which in my opinion is mainly is passing ability then we have a future top international star on our hands.

When he runs at defenders in space it feels like there us nothing they can do to stop him sometimes.

100 % agree.  Wasn't it just after Gerrard came in that JJ started scoring? I think the manager sees a lot of similarities between the two and that can only be good for the development of his game.  He's still only young and has lots to learn, he will have games were he's anonymous but as time goes by he'll have an impact on more games, giving the opposition more to think about an ultimately giving the players around him more space to work in.  I think he'll work well with EB as the season progresses.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Let down by the manager and the fraud of a senior professional next to him.

Spot on. McGinn has been a headless chicken, Kamara is new to the league, Ramsey is struggling to work with that situation. 

3 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Spot on. McGinn has been a headless chicken, Kamara is new to the league, Ramsey is struggling to work with that situation. 

Yeah was Kamara and mcGinn who let hughes run in at end for eg.  He doesn’t this every game but then does a big amazing run and fans think hes zidane 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

He’s shouldn’t be starting games.  Villa fans are blinded because he has been there from start.  Really isn’t the complete player fans think he is.

Couldn’t agree more, shame as I want him to but just don’t think he is good enough.  But we are probably about his level now though, and by that I mean bottom half of prem. if anyone come in with 40m let alone 80m we should driving him there

5 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Yeah was Kamara and mcGinn who let hughes run in at end for eg.  He doesn’t this every game but then does a big amazing run and fans think hes zidane 

Does it less often than mcginn. Who did it for a disallowed goal today as well. Like half the goals we concede come from mcginn not tracking his man or pressing on the edge of the area. 

Many will think I'm overreacting, but I honestly believe he needs a loan to the championship, even if only for half a season. He needs to be the best player in a team and being constantly passed the ball. That will teach him how to actually be present throughout the game and how to take responsibility, rather than shying away.

We can't afford to carry him if he's only going to show up for 5 minutes per game.

Â