Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

13 hours ago, CalVilla88 said:

I expect big things for JJ next season. He was already so good last season. 

Enjoyed those highlights. His link up with Coutinho really stands out, really hoping that relationship develops and those two can do a lot of damage this season, along with Buendia.

Edited by blandy

38 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

He’s probably going to go through a really poor phase, looking like he can’t play football at all. We just need to stick with him cos he will come out of it stronger. 

Wrong thread? 🤔

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wrong thread? 🤔

Nope, he will have a period where he struggles, I truly believe that. Part of his growth and when he’s found out a little. Teams know him now. He will adapt and come back even stronger. 

On 14/06/2022 at 13:37, useless said:

No it wasn't below par, that's just plain wrong, I think a lot of our fans bizzarely underrate him and think that unless he's scoring goals he isn't playing well, just because he wasn't going on amazing runs and constantly having shots at goal or whatever it doesn't mean to say he's having a bad game, he's a box-to-box midfielder, there's a lot more to his role than just the attacking side of things, although as it happens he did come close to scoring on several occassions and did go on a few driving runs so it's not even if that part of his game was lacking.

He had two chances and missed both, but I bet if he'd have scored one of them no one would be saying his performance was below par.

Our fans are dreadful at judging midfielders in general, which is why so many of ours get so much unfair criticism, again many seem to think that if a midfielder isn't constantly making blockbuster tackles, or scoring, going on mazy runs or whatever that they're somehow not playing well, or are 'nothing players' can gaurantee whichever midfielders we sign they will get unfair criticism, unless they look like the next coming of Kante or De Bruyne, it's already started with Kamara.

I think it's fans in general to be fair, spoon-fed by the media.  Even defenders are suddenly lauded as world beaters if they score from a set piece once every 6/7 games.  For whatever reason, if a player scores a goal or two in quick succession they suddenly get elevated to a status undeserving of their overall play.  I remember when we signed George Boateng from Coventry the media kept on replaying a couple of goals he'd scored.  He was a (very good) defensive midfielder yet based on the highlights when he signed, you'd have thought he was the next David Platt.....  The boy Firmino at Liverpool gets flack for not scoring enough, yet there he is making everything tick in one of the highest scoring teams in the league.  

There have been countless players down the years that get international call-ups and big-money transfers because of a media/fan-driven clamour based on having scored a few goals, when their job in the team has very little to do with getting on the scoresheet. 

8 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Nope, he will have a period where he struggles, I truly believe that. Part of his growth and when he’s found out a little. Teams know him now. He will adapt and come back even stronger. 

Sorry it was late and I read it wrong 

I thought you were saying that " HE IS going through " as in he's going through that phase now lol. ( So was wondering what it was based on, or you'd put it in the wrong thread )

Apologies.

Yeah you're probably right.

On the other hand, he could even go the opposite way where he goes up even another gear!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry it was late and I read it wrong 

I thought you were saying that " HE IS going through " as in he's going through that phase now lol. ( So was wondering what it was based on, or you'd put it in the wrong thread )

Apologies.

Yeah you're probably right.

On the other hand, he could even go the opposite way where he goes up even another gear!

I think we could have another player good enough for the top 4 here, let’s hope he does that with us. 

Putting together the highlight package made me have an even higher appreciation for his ball carrying ability. Hes able to ride challenges in some instances similar to Jack and he has the confidence to take the ball deep into the final third. This is especially admirable because he tracks back and puts in the hard work in the defensive third too.

• 2 weeks later...
Â