Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Really like what Aaron said about how he had to change his game to become more reliable on loan and it was less important about the goals etc...

I know Cheltenham fans didn't have the best opinion of him but the coaching staff liked him and it's very easy to get frozen out like Barry did (although I bet he learnt a lot from that).

20 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Nice video of them both. Jacob seems really nervous on camera whereas Aaron seemed more relaxed. Both big talents for us though. Would be great having them both as regulars in the first team. 

Jacob always SEEMS nervous but I think it’s actually just his slight speech impediment and he’s actually very confident in himself. What a great pair and agreed, hope to see them on the pitch together soon.

Edited by Adam2003

58 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Jason always SEEMS nervous but I think it’s actually just his slight speech impediment and he’s actually very confident in himself. What a great pair and agreed, hope to see them on the pitch together soon.

Guardians Of The Galaxy - Who GIF by MikeyMo | Gfycat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another player who is great some of the time, but when he isn't you hardly notice he's actually on the pitch. Coutinho being another one.

McGinn you do notice, but he's just as ineffective for most of the time.

We will never progress if we have to carry a minimum of three players, waiting for them to switch on.

I don't want to be harsh on the lad as he's young and has massive potential, but as any other players he's got to earn his plays and (non) displays like today just don't do that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Really  really shite today. Should be dropped next week for luiz

or Sanson.

tbh, McGinn & Ramsey should be dropped for Luiz & Sanson.

They wont tho.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

or Sanson.

tbh, McGinn & Ramsey should be dropped for Luiz & Sanson.

They wont tho.

Yea it seems thats way. I think luiz mcginn kamara would be good. But the same problem still applies we dont have a big **** in the cm. They are all fairly small so easy to bully in the middle

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yea it seems thats way. I think luiz mcginn kamara would be good. But the same problem still applies we dont have a big **** in the cm. They are all fairly small so easy to bully in the middle

ye.

i find it super depressing that McGinn is now basically a nailed on starter regardless.

I mean, he was before....but the captain s*** has just put the final nail in the coffin of any hopes of him being dropped for being s***.

Ramsey is a great young player, who imo has gone off the boil a little, McGinn just simply isnt good enough.

for now, i would go Kamara, Sanson & Luiz.

Before the end of the window we need a Sangare type player, then i would go Sangare, Kamara and either Sanson or Luiz.

tbh tho, i wouldnt even go that if it were my choice, i would go 4231 with Sangare/Kamara as the double pivot, then Couts, Buendia and Bailey in the three AM roles.

Nothing is gonna change tho, McGinn will be a starter all season......FML.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

tbh tho, i wouldnt even go that if it were my choice, i would go 4231 with Sangare/Kamara as the double pivot, then Couts, Buendia and Bailey in the three AM roles.

I’d like the double pivot but in a 4231 you want two real wingers. I still doubt Coutinho and Buendia will function together, as they have the same role on the pitch being the main playmaker high up.

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Really  really shite today. Should be dropped next week for luiz

Urgh this makes me so sad - not knocking your opinion but that the dross Gerrard is serving up has fans in general turning on an amazing young midfield prospect. What chance do any of them have in that middle three? Rotate Luiz or Sanson in and it’ll be the same - good players being badly used.

Never truly rated Ramsey, don’t see him having the career some people suggest.

Few good games against Norwich and Leeds last year but for the most part ineffective.

If he wasn’t a local lad he would get dogs abuse. Yesterday was truly awful performance.

On 06/08/2022 at 18:48, DCJonah said:

He's had some great games but he's really gone off the boil for me. 

If he's not driving forward with the ball he offers very little. 

You're right. What happened to the give and go's. Very strange, but, then again, typical Villa. Remember how good we thought Lee Hendrie was going to be?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Urgh this makes me so sad - not knocking your opinion but that the dross Gerrard is serving up has fans in general turning on an amazing young midfield prospect. What chance do any of them have in that middle three? Rotate Luiz or Sanson in and it’ll be the same - good players being badly used.

Not so. No way can the players not take some responsibility for a performance like that. It was the same thing I was hearing under Dean Smith. No identity, a lack of good coaching, this and that. The players need to show some fight and if that's missing then that's on nobody but the players themselves. These no - shows have been happening for far too long, regardless of who the manager is.

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

You're right. What happened to the give and go's. Very strange, but, then again, typical Villa. Remember how good we thought Lee Hendrie was going to be?

He’s just turned 21. He will have lots of ups and downs before he finds consistent form.

Â