Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Thought he did a job on Gallagher first half and is looking more and more impressive. Only issue is that games still end up passing him by to the extent it's necessary to take him off but that'll hopefully be solved with more experience behind him.

Impressive performance for his age and experience, carries the ball very well and never seems rushed in possession. Should benefit more than most from our new manager and its already noticeable our midfield is the most improved area on the pitch.

• Like 3

The standard he's putting in for his age is astounding this season. Last season he was decent but probably looked down by a few due to the ability of Grealish at a similar age but he's stepped up so much. He has everything in his locker to be a top midfielder. Even his passing which you could say is one of his weak points is improving game on game. So excited about what he can become.

5 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

but probably looked down by a few due to the ability of Grealish at a similar age

(Not saying he's going to be as good, far from it)

He's at the same level as Jack was at 20. It's whether or not he can keep going on the impossibly upward trajectory that he has been doing since his Donny loan. 

3 hours ago, Chine said:

Baller ! A lot of his good work goes unnoticed with the dropping into LB while MT gets forward , very disciplined young player

This is exactly why he was getting starts under Smith last season while most were complaining about him starting,  he does the fundamentals correct and as you say disciplined tactically, such well rounded player, there might be a few academy players with more talent than JJ but they’ll do well to match his attitude, work ethic and discipline.

• Like 1

Such an untypical way for a young player to develop !

Usually they come in dazzle for a few games - then fade - many never get back to those  adrenaline fuelled performances.

Then there are those who get a couple of run outs but never look the part.

Ramsay came in, and whilst not bad wasn't dynamic either - he struggled to make an impact. Slowly but steadily he improved - and now he's really start to boss games.

Well done JJ !

i know he has been good in parts previously, but i gotta say i have been super, super impressed with him since Gerrard took over, he seems to have stepped his game up to another level.

I wonder if again, its Ramsey being used in a system that suits him well that has allowed him to shine that little bit more? (similar to nakamba)

I did wonder why Gerrard keeps subbing him at the 65/70 minute mark when he looks so comfortable and doesnt look really that tired, but then i thought, tbh, its probably to help manage his development and not wear him down too quickly, i have read numerous times that young players need managing steadily as they break through so as to not over do it in terms of game time, fatigue etc.

Anyways, i have been super impressed with him, and amazingly, from the last 6-12 months of our midfield generally being a slow car crash, the midfield now looks really good, amazing what a change of style, tactics and perspective can do for a team.

Slightly off-topic but if Ramsey became world class and the top clubs were after him I'd honestly rather sell him to United or Liverpool for less than sell him to that tinpot piece of shit club.

Edited by Mantis
  • Confused 1

Right now he's furthest along in his career out of a group of very talented youngsters coming through. Really starting to show how much we can save in transfer fees if we can integrate all these lads successfully 

• Like 2

Â