Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

27 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Proper tidy player isn't he, you can always do with a player like him in midfield who you can trust to look after the ball and keep things ticking over, brings bundles of energy too.

Most of the things you can critique him on are synonymous with many young players in general really. Can be inconsistent game to game which is a given but even in games he's playing well in at some point they tend to pass him and you then see him subbed or fade out of them. Hopefully that'll all come with experience though. We're still light in midfield in terms of depth but even if there's an incoming in January I can see him still well in the mix if he can keep up the level he's shown he can hit.

Exactly the type of player Gerrard and his team will love i think.

Works hard, skilful, can pass intricately and is composed etc, im sure with guidance etc he will continue to develop, he needs to work on his vision/spotting passes i think, but he's such a young guy and has a lot of growth in him i think.

tbh, i think he is one of only a few players who i think are capable of being part of the group that takes us to the next level, as in has the ability to play a skilful, possession based style of football, while also working hard and doing whats needed both defensively and going forward.

Edited by MaVilla

I too am reminded of Bellingham when I watch him play, they're both very similar type of players and in terms of the way they play have followed a similar path, both started out at academy level as being more out and out attacking players but then as first team players both have developed into more box-to-box type midfielders. I think he's underrated, and in part I think that's because he makes things look simple so it doesn't look like he's doing anything special, he reads the game very well and looks like he knows what to do with the ball as soon as he gets it, he has good speed of thought and speed of play.

And as already stated he's only played 13 games worth of Premier League football, so he's still very inexperienced, this is his first season where he's getting regular game time, so for him to be doing as well as he is already is a very encouraging sign.

If any of Carney Chukwuemeka, Aaron Ramsey, Iroegbunam, or any of the other young midfielders come through and make the same impression then they and we will be doing very well indeed.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, useless said:

I too am reminded of Bellingham when I watch him play, they're both very similar type of players and in terms of the way they play have followed a similar path, both started out at academy level as being more out and out attacking players but then as first team players both have developed into more box-to-box type midfielders. I think he's underrated, and in part I think that's because he makes things look simple so it doesn't look like he's doing anything special, he reads the game very well and looks like he knows what to do with the ball as soon as he gets it, he has good speed of thought and speed of play.

And as already stated he's only played 13 games worth of Premier League football, so he's still very inexperienced, this is his first season where he's getting regular game time, so for him to be doing as well as he is already is a very encouraging sign.

If any of Carney Chukwuemeka, Aaron Ramsey, Iroegbunam, or any of the other young midfielders come through and make the same impression then they and we will be doing very well indeed.

Just watched that twitter compilation and his passing is definitely underated. His body language and positioning doesnt give too much away about where he is going to pass to ( just like Bellingham) . His angles of passing are great and his pace lets him do lots of give and go type play.  A truly modern central midfielder. 

• Like 3

I liked him when I saw glimpses of him last season, it stood out to me his ability to take the ball on the half turn, good first touch and pace/energy. This season he has started to look more commanding and confident as if he is starting to believe this is where he belongs. With that said I would like to see a even more belief from him to drive us forward but over all he is turning out to be some player. We just need to stay calm when he does have a quiet or ineffective game and understand how inexperienced he is.

this kid is one of our own and as others have said he we were liked with signing a player like him from elsewhere we would be all over it so let’s value the fact he is a local lad come through our system that is earning his starting place for Villa and England u21’s 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, meregreen said:

By all accounts, his brother is the better of the 

That was at 14/15 years of age. Lots of time to see how they both end up. You might be right but equally Jacob might carry on going while Aaron plateaus.  Aaron and Carney have always been attacking midfielers and played the 10 in youth football between them. There might be room just for one of them 

8 hours ago, meregreen said:

By all accounts, his brother is the better of the two.

That's what people used to say about the Moore brothers and the Gardener brothers. Turned out they were all pony 🤣

Jacob is doing so well and making one of those three midfield positions his own. This exactly how the club is set up and sees its future so it's good to watch it happen in front of our eyes.

10 hours ago, meregreen said:

By all accounts, his brother is the better of the two.

At youth level, Aaron has probably surpassed what Jacob achieved, but JJ has made the step up to senior level and looks like he really belongs there. That's the most difficult thing to do - and until Aaron does that, he certainly can't be considered 'better' as what a player does at youth level is largely immaterial at the end of the day. 

Just now, Dave-R said:

Ings works best in crowded boxes and the ball is being shuffled around in mad defensive rushes.  we are not pushing the ball into those situations where inns snipes balls, he's a stealer, a complete thief and you have to make those types of mad scrambles happen where Ings just comes in and makes things happen.

I think we're using him wrong or at most not pinging frantic balls into overcrowded boxes.

This is the Jacob Ramsey thread son, go down the corridor, 3rd on the right for Ings. Cheers. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

This is the Jacob Ramsey thread son, go down the corridor, 3rd on the right for Ings. Cheers. 

Yeah lol my new phone and it somehow just switched it to Ramsey thread lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

A Great Barr central midfield might be on the cards with Iroegbunam as well . 

Imagine that, I bet that would be the first time we have four local lads playing for us at once for a long time! 

Â