Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

First half thought he was excellent, looked comfortable on the ball, was driving forward with the ball but doing the hard work as well. Second half wasn’t as good, but certainly not bad. 

I think he’ll grow as a player even more under Gerrard. 

I’ve always liked Ramsey, you can see there is a player in there. Only one of our midfield who plays on the half turn, he carried the ball well today in the first half but didn’t have many options in front of him at times. He likes to play football, he passes and moves, this is pretty basic stuff but something we seriously lack at times. If he keeps getting stronger he could save us a fortune down the line.

His biggest strength is that he is so tactically aware for a 20 year old. It allows the manager to put his trust in him. And with that time on the pitch he will get better and better. I think he will be scary in a couple of years as he is still turning from boy to man . 

• Like 1

Hes playing some wonderful football, very intelligent on the ball and hardly seems to put a foot wrong. The lads also great under pressure and another tough cookie like Watkins to get the ball off of.

Edited by Dave-R

I think Gerrard could work absolute wonders with him. Driving forward with the ball is an attribute he already has but having the confidence to get into the box and shoot more needs coaxing out of him. Gerrard could be the perfect mentor.

On 15/03/2021 at 17:52, useless said:

Ramsey's doing fine, we're not stupid he wouldn't be getting game time ahead of the likes of Hourihane, Barkley and Sanson if he was as unimpressive as some are broadcasting; and it's not just about what he's doing now, it's also about his potential and the kind of player those that watch him regularly feel he's capable of developing into. If he makes it with us which I think he has a very good chance of doing, then I can see him playing for England one day, as he's the type of midfielder than England are lacking at the moment.

I already predicted he'd play for England, it seemed wild at the time, but my forecast was based as stated above on the fact that England don't really have many box to box midfielders at the moment, Bellingham the only one who's an out and out traditional No.8 type. And if Conor Gallgher can get in the squad then Ramsey might be closer than we think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Aaron is supposedly the better player. If they continue to develop and we keep hold of them, they can be our midfield for many years!

Is Aaron a box to box midfielder though? 

It's an extremely sought after position for top managers. 

Much more important position than a number 10.

You can literally see him get better and better each passing game.

He's going to be some player. Might not have the highlight reel of some but I actually think stand alone ability he's the pick of the bunch at the club right now in midfield.

He can carry the ball. He has two good feet. He's one or the new breed of footballers that are just instilled with a technical capability. He's a good size.

He'll be a Pl player for many a year and wouldn't surprise me if he got England recognition.

He needs games games games.

He needs to play in a team that will allow him to make mistakes.

He needs to dominate the game.

He's gone from flashes of ability to gradually being more imposing on the match.

Certainly feels like he's gone from the periphery of games to gradually having more and more touches and passes.

• Like 1

Like the way Gerrard picked him to start today. Suggests that Jacob had done a lot to impress him in the few days since he became head coach; also that Gerrard is prepared to back his judgment where a more cautious manager might have gone for experience.

Edited by briny_ear

I’ll hold my hands up and admit that before this season I didn’t really see it, but he’s turning into a very good player. 

57 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You can literally see him get better and better each passing game.

He's going to be some player. Might not have the highlight reel of some but I actually think stand alone ability he's the pick of the bunch at the club right now in midfield.

He can carry the ball. He has two good feet. He's one or the new breed of footballers that are just instilled with a technical capability. He's a good size.

He'll be a Pl player for many a year and wouldn't surprise me if he got England recognition.

He needs games games games.

He needs to play in a team that will allow him to make mistakes.

He needs to dominate the game.

He's gone from flashes of ability to gradually being more imposing on the match.

Certainly feels like he's gone from the periphery of games to gradually having more and more touches and passes.

Look at Conor Gallagher with his hair and all the pundits licking his ass already.  And Jacob is quietly learning his trade and making progress gradually instead. Deano did really well how he integrated him and we will reap the benefits. As i said earlier this guy can be trusted and will never lose out playing because he is inexperienced. He just gets the game and how tactics effect it 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Wildcard prediction: he will be in or near the England squad by the World Cup 

No he wont…. Screenshot this and come back to me next November. I’m guessing the rarity of a win has got you a bit overwhelmed.

That being said, was v good first half today but to say will be close to WC is laughable.

Â