Kortney Hause

Sam3773

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

There's no way you can look at the second goal and think he did everything he could. Son just did a simple shift of the body and got past him with ease to get the assist winning cross in.

I'm not saying he did everything he could, I'm saying I didn't think he did any big mistakes.

Admittedly, I probably need to watch it again but being gotten past doesn't necessarily mean it's a big mistake. Take our first goal conceded against Chelsea for example. I didn't blame Tuanzebe at all for that first goal we conceded against Chelsea. He was up against a world class striker and it's easy to see why Lukaku fooled him and got the shot off. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

Axel is better, hause was very poor today. Out of position frequently. 

And he was in the last game a well, but it didn't get punished and he scored a goal. He is simply not a good enough footballer, his reading of the game is not up to this standard. He is also to easy to turn and run past, another big deficit is that he is such a bad passer of the ball, it hampers our build up play greatly, there will be some nervous sideways passes, hopefully without a mistake, and then a long ball. This is not how we should play. With Konsa, Tuanzebe and Mings we can have a build up play, a passing style. With Hause in the team we become a Steve Bruce team.

• Like 2

On 03/10/2021 at 18:25, Laughable Chimp said:

I'm not saying he did everything he could, I'm saying I didn't think he did any big mistakes.

Admittedly, I probably need to watch it again but being gotten past doesn't necessarily mean it's a big mistake. Take our first goal conceded against Chelsea for example. I didn't blame Tuanzebe at all for that first goal we conceded against Chelsea. He was up against a world class striker and it's easy to see why Lukaku fooled him and got the shot off. 

Talked about that after the Chelsea game

I agree, Hause didn't necessarily make a mistake, Son is just a better footballer 

Not every goal we concede has to be classed as a mistake or an error

• Like 1

I think he wants to start games so I imagine he'll be leaving at the end of this season. He's good enough to be starting games regularly for a more physical side and I'm sure a promoted team would take a punt on him. We should make a healthy profit too. 

49 minutes ago, hippo said:

Agreed. For £3m he's been a bargain.

Agreed, he’s a 4th choice Premier League centre back. He can provide able deputy when the other centre backs are injured or suspended. Sadly, for some unknown reason, where I sit in the Trinity Road stand, he gets quite a lot of unwarranted abuse. He is not a miracle worker, he has great ability in the air

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Agreed. For £3m he's been a bargain.

I agree, players should as a rule be judged in line with what they cost and the effort they put in for the club, no doubt Hause tries his best, he also shows great loyality by seemingly accepting to be a bit part player. A £3M he is good value. My problem though is that I don't want us to start a £3M player or have a £3M player as our 4th choice, a top half club need to have better. Either a promising young player on the up or an older experienced one at the end of his career. I'd like to see what Dominic Revan could do in that sweeper role, I'd rather try him there and have him as our 4th choice, if he isn't good enough, bring someone else in.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I agree, players should as a rule be judged in line with what they cost and the effort they put in for the club, no doubt Hause tries his best, he also shows great loyality by seemingly accepting to be a bit part player. A £3M he is good value. My problem though is that I don't want us to start a £3M player or have a £3M player as our 4th choice, a top half club need to have better. Either a promising young player on the up or an older experienced one at the end of his career. I'd like to see what Dominic Revan could do in that sweeper role, I'd rather try him there and have him as our 4th choice, if he isn't good enough, bring someone else in.

I thought Dominic Revan had a chance a few seasons ago (I find myself saying this quite a lot), they all are :( 

On 03/10/2021 at 22:33, KentVillan said:

We heaped too much praise on Hause last week, and now we're attacking him too hard this week. He has strengths and weaknesses.

He's brave, world class in the air, physically can compete with anyone, and over 10+ yards he has sprinter pace.

But his weaknesses will always be his turning and acceleration over that first 5 yards, and his passing game.

It's not like any of this is new to us, but last week we saw the strengths, and this week Son exploited the weaknesses. Ultimately, he isn't the reason we lost today (we were a mixed bag across the pitch), but he should have done better for their second goal.

If we stick with 3-5-2, then I would bring Tuanzebe back in, as he's so much more comfortable on the ball, and we probably need that if we're trying to build the play from a back 3. If we switch to a back 4, then clearly Konsa + Mings is the best partnership. But that's not to scapegoat Hause - I still think he's a really good defender who has merited his recent starts.

Son did exploit the weakness as he does with most players, when he is in that mood ( that cross could just as easily been cut out)

I can't think of one of our players on the day, not being caught out by Son's pace.....Hause, was an easy target,  all our players would have succumbed to that.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Not really good enough this fella. His heading is okay, but with the ball at his feet he is a misplaced pass waiting to happen. 

Tragedy is, so are the others suseptible to errors.....Konza could have closed Hojbjerg down a bit better, Targett was well behind his man.....Mings's errors have been well documented.

I think our defence is ok'ish.....they need protecting better.

Hause did very well against Kane all game. Son was Konsa's man, and Konsa didn't fare so well.

In the second goal, Konsa was too far up, which meant that Hause needed to step in and follow Son. Son brilliantly took advantage and they won.

I wish it was someone else against Son there, but I don't blame Hause. He had no chance.

• 2 weeks later...
Â