Kortney Hause

Sam3773

15 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

I had no nerves about seeing him start, yes I love the guy anyway even before that magic header but as a defender doing his job of defending I really see no problem with him. Where I think people get nervous is with the ball at his feet because he isn’t as cultured as mings of konsa but if he just plays nice and simple and lets his defensive work do his talking then he is such an asset to us. Throw into the mix both defensively and attacking it makes us do much stronger at set pieces because he hardly loses a header. Our new set piece coach must be desperate for him to play 

I'd sleep better if neither Hause or Mings makes any more back passes, to avoid their trade mark under hit ones. Only Konsa and Axel may play the ball backwards, Hause may only hoof it, Mings may only pass it forward. There we go, done and dusted.

On 27/09/2021 at 11:45, onmeedson said:

Kortney brings power to the team and slots in nicely with our defence, you can only give credit to him for his approach to the game.

love it.

• Like 1

He is never going to be guaranteed a start however our club needs a few hause type players. Players who will stay around the first team, not cause issues and will step in when required.

He has been the only reliable header of the ball since we got promoted, something that cost us several times by not having anyone else who can win headers.

His passing has improved although that's also to do with team movement and quality of player he plays with. Requires a new contract which keeps him happy and our squad happy.

Against spurs I'm in 2 minds, axel is more mobile and quicker which helps when kane drops deep and the runners are going past him, on the other hand, we have 3 different types at the back, do we just play our own game and keep momentum and let the concern themselves with our formation?

What a joy to have real options rather than who can we fit in to play 4 3 3 even if its the wrong player.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

He is never going to be guaranteed a start however our club needs a few hause type players. Players who will stay around the first team, not cause issues and will step in when required.

He has been the only reliable header of the ball since we got promoted, something that cost us several times by not having anyone else who can win headers.

His passing has improved although that's also to do with team movement and quality of player he plays with. Requires a new contract which keeps him happy and our squad happy.

Against spurs I'm in 2 minds, axel is more mobile and quicker which helps when kane drops deep and the runners are going past him, on the other hand, we have 3 different types at the back, do we just play our own game and keep momentum and let the concern themselves with our formation?

What a joy to have real options rather than who can we fit in to play 4 3 3 even if its the wrong player.

"No One else who can win headers" Mings o ly had the 2md highest aerial duels won percentage in the league last season . But sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

I think aerial prowess is underrated...its another tool in the tool box....both ends of the pitch.

c 17% of all goals scored are headers.....its too good to miss out on.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

"No One else who can win headers" Mings o ly had the 2md highest aerial duels won percentage in the league last season . But sure. 

It depends what is classed as win headers, mings for his height, is not great at winning headers, by which I mean clearing the ball in the direction you want. The ball may reach mings head first but he normally has no idea where its going and his headers while defending normally lack any power or direction. 

I have watched enough games to see for myself that while in the Championship, mings was dominant in the air, in the Premier league, not so. When hause heads it, the ball normally goes a good distance in the direction you would expect and he focuses on the ball, mings concerns himself with the player most of the time rather than the ball. If mings could head as reliably as hause, mings would be 10% better than he already is.

Having 1 dominant in the air, one dominant on the floor and one with a decent mix of both seems a good combination if we play a 3 5 2

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Same team for me, would send out the wrong message to me if Hause is dropped. Did nothing wrong and scored the winner. With the exception of Martinez we now have a team/squad where no player is guaranteed to start.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WHY said:

Same team for me, would send out the wrong message to me if Hause is dropped. Did nothing wrong and scored the winner. With the exception of Martinez we now have a team/squad where no player is guaranteed to start.

It's weird and will take some getting use to, it's been a while since we had proper good options. When Bailey and sansom are fit again with emi and traore axel young to come in, it's only really right back/ wing back we are short on for this season. I'm happy enough with stear as cover for this year.

I think he might leave.

I reckon he'll be getting better offers than we're prepared to give him.

If his agent is worth any salt he'll be asking for money level with some of the top earners when we got promoted. I would guess 70-80k a week.

He'll get that if he goes to any other PL side on a free. Off the top of my head, he's better than Lindelof, Mina, Coady and Dier for example. Bet average of those four is approaching 100k a week.

I think he's in a great place tbh. Improved loads under Smith at Villa, can't see why that would stop now. Wouldn't begrudge him a move that came with a bump of salary and someone saying you'll play every game here.

I could actually see Steve Bruce throwing a very silly contract at him to come and sit in Newcastle's defence and head clearances away.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

He was a bit part player when we went up - albeit with more performances - so there's absolutely no way he'd ask, or at the very least given, anywhere near the 70k-80k mark. I doubt he's a starter for many Premier League clubs either but a good and able understudy. Championship may be his level but his previous performances have warranted him a  start - I'm just not sure Tottenham is the game to start him, although its likely he will.

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think he might leave.

If his agent is worth any salt he'll be asking for money level with some of the top earners when we got promoted. I would guess 70-80k a week.

He'll get that if he goes to any other PL side on a free. Off the top of my head, he's better than Lindelof, Mina, Coady and Dier for example. Bet average of those four is approaching 100k a week.

I think he's in a great place tbh. Improved loads under Smith at Villa, can't see why that would stop now. Wouldn't begrudge him a move that came with a bump of salary and someone saying you'll play every game here.

I could actually see Steve Bruce throwing a very silly contract at him to come and sit in Newcastle's defence and head clearances away.

No chance. Maybe a club flirting with relegation would take him as starter but he's on £25k a week here and can't see the likes of Norwich pay more than that. He might get somewhere between £30-40k here but he is nowhere near a £70-100k defender. 

If he gets paid say £33k a week with us on a new contract that's good business and sensible. If he started pushing £40-50k we'd be better moving him on as he's 4th choice, part of the reason he's worth having around is hes a cheap option.

Starts demanding £50k+ and suddenly Bogarde takes his slot. Fortunately I don't think Hause would be doing that. A nice squad position, decent money to invest in his rap career and he's happy imo and it's ideal for us

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think he might leave.

WTF! I want some of what you are smoking!

Hause is a bang average defender at best, I'd be inclined to bring Axel straight back in just feel he is a better all round defender.

Fair play great goal Saturday though.

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think he might leave.

Another Premier League club would offer double figures for him in the summer and more wages than we are prepared to offer. So with one year left we would sell him if he didn't accept a contract extension. One option could be to offer him 2 years extension in summer instead of activating his one year extension. This means he stays and can see how much football he gets next season and is sold if it doesn't meet his liking. 

I do think European football is key though, as when you add in travel and the additional games, that's likely a qualifying 2 legs and then 6 group games. So 8 additional important games before Christmas. Then with FA Cup and knockouts in the new year we need a squad. 

It’s a tricky one for Hause.  He clearly wants to start games and feels he is good enough to but he is not better than Mings and Konsa. He probably isn’t better than Tuanzabe either but if we are playing a back 3 he has more chance of starting. 

The alternative is he leaves and starts games but is probably in a relegation battle.  Either that or having to be back up defender somewhere else.

I think he’ll sign a new contract but get better terms.

8 hours ago, zab6359 said:

WTF! I want some of what you are smoking!

Hause is a bang average defender at best, I'd be inclined to bring Axel straight back in just feel he is a better all round defender.

Fair play great goal Saturday though.

Would you swap him for any of those players?

They'll all be on triple his wages at least.

Â