January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

I'm not immensely impressed by his YouTube highlights for Hause. If you were to do the same for James Chester he'd look like Paulo Maldini. Chester has done some incredible 'highlight' defending. A highlight video is less important for a defender, it's better for them to not have to defend by barrelling through someone, or a last ditch challenge. 

Hause looks a bit clumsy on the ball to me. We've got enough of that ourselves already.

If he wasn't good enough for Wolves in the Championship, what suddenly makes him good enough for us? Not flawless logic because their defence last season is massively better than ours this season. 

I very much understand that Smith is the sort of manager, like Eddie Howe, who is used to signing players with potential to improve them. Unfortunately we're in a bit of a rush and can't really afford players the luxury of learning on the job. 

But, a center back is a center back... 

Well I will reserve judgement until I have seen him play. For a start off he is left footed and can play CB or LB so it may be that he will replace the Scottish Cafu.

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

5 min video of his "talents", looks pretty interesting and exactly the type of player we want, however as we all know, "best of" vids can be deceiving.

looks like a right unit, which may be exactly what we need, assuming he's half as good as he looks in that vid.

He must be getting on a bit.

i wonder if MU will actually let Axel go?, firstly i tend to think not, and even if they did, not sure we could afford him if we were still in the championship?

I expect us to be in the championship next year, hence the comment.

Dedicated young CB ...granted probably not the finished article...if he were he wouldnt be joining a championship club for £3m.

Do remember this is the championship where a good % of the clubs can only dream of spending £3m on a player. We dont need him to be the next Mcgrath - we just need to stop often only average players skipping through our defence.

Seems a reasonable move given what I have heard/seen.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like this approach of buying players with girls names. After the success of Tammy I reckon Kortney is a no brainer.

Yes, you are onto something there, maybe we should try and sign:

KIM Kallstrom

ANDREA Pirlo

JACKIE Charlton

MICHELLE Platini

LOUISE Figo

CAROL Poborski

NIKKI Butt

Rod FANNI 

TITTY Camara 

Stefan KUNTZ

Demba BRA

But then again, remember the season we tried to sign all the Jordan’s? 

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, thunderball said:

KIM Kallstrom

ANDREA Pirlo

JACKIE Charlton

MICHELLE Platini

LOUISE Figo

CAROL Poborski

NIKKI Butt

Rod FANNI 

TITTY Camara 

Stefan KUNTZ

Demba BRA

Would have to be Adam Rachel for me.

He didnt even try and disguise the girly name link. Just used it boldly as his surname.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, thunderball said:

KIM Kallstrom

ANDREA Pirlo

JACKIE Charlton

MICHELLE Platini

LOUISE Figo

CAROL Poborski

NIKKI Butt

Rod FANNI 

TITTY Camara 

Stefan KUNTZ

Demba BRA

I'm really glad you used caps to make sure we got the joke.

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Villa report (twitter), said 1hr ago that Hause is currently undergoing a medical, seems a bit late in the evening for a medical???

The club doctor must have had a wicked hangover from the NYE festivities...

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Villa report (twitter), said 1hr ago that Hause is currently undergoing a medical, seems a bit late in the evening for a medical???

Hope they didn't find any fault with the plumbing, we're already leaking as it is.

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

KIM Kallstrom

ANDREA Pirlo

JACKIE Charlton

MICHELLE Platini

LOUISE Figo

CAROL Poborski

NIKKI Butt

Rod FANNI 

TITTY Camara 

Stefan KUNTZ

Demba BRA

Is it me or do some of those last names seem a little naughty next to a females name??

Great to see Bruce get the Wednesday job. Surely he’ll be active in lining up deals for some of his former players. 

Hopefully it will accelerate the exit door for the likes of Elmo, BB, jedinak and Lansbury. May also mean bids for the likes of Hutton , Albert and Kodj.

Should free up some funds and space for Smith to make some bigger moves in the window.