January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

7 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Looks like he’s been shut down following this tweet. The new regime locking him down?

To be fair, while it is great entertainment for us, getting this information, I imagine it is the sort of thing which could create chaos for clubs, players and agents.

I would also imagine these things can lead to other clubs nicking players after deals have prematurely been outed etc.

• Like 2

I'm not immensely impressed by his YouTube highlights for Hause. If you were to do the same for James Chester he'd look like Paulo Maldini. Chester has done some incredible 'highlight' defending. A highlight video is less important for a defender, it's better for them to not have to defend by barrelling through someone, or a last ditch challenge. 

Hause looks a bit clumsy on the ball to me. We've got enough of that ourselves already.

If he wasn't good enough for Wolves in the Championship, what suddenly makes him good enough for us? Not flawless logic because their defence last season is massively better than ours this season. 

I very much understand that Smith is the sort of manager, like Eddie Howe, who is used to signing players with potential to improve them. Unfortunately we're in a bit of a rush and can't really afford players the luxury of learning on the job. 

But, a center back is a center back... 

28 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I'm not immensely impressed by his YouTube highlights for Hause. If you were to do the same for James Chester he'd look like Paulo Maldini. Chester has done some incredible 'highlight' defending. A highlight video is less important for a defender, it's better for them to not have to defend by barrelling through someone, or a last ditch challenge. 

Hause looks a bit clumsy on the ball to me. We've got enough of that ourselves already.

If he wasn't good enough for Wolves in the Championship, what suddenly makes him good enough for us? Not flawless logic because their defence last season is massively better than ours this season. 

I very much understand that Smith is the sort of manager, like Eddie Howe, who is used to signing players with potential to improve them. Unfortunately we're in a bit of a rush and can't really afford players the luxury of learning on the job. 

But, a center back is a center back... 

He was 20-21 playing for Wolves and was playing well enough to get in the England U21 side.  Wolves replaced him with better, more experienced defenders that are already the finished product.  They fell into a lot of money and didn't need to develop players anymore.  Doesn't mean he won't be good enough for us.  He may take a half a season of playing time to shake out all the rust of not playing first team football for 2 seasons, but after that he could be a bargain.  He looks a lot like a left sided Tuanzebe to me.  I still want to try to sign Axel this summer...