January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

4 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Great to see Bruce get the Wednesday job. Surely he’ll be active in lining up deals for some of his former players. 

Hopefully it will accelerate the exit door for the likes of Elmo, BB, jedinak and Lansbury. May also mean bids for the likes of Hutton , Albert and Kodj.

Should free up some funds and space for Smith to make some bigger moves in the window.

While actively and technically players can still be signed by Sheff Wed, irrespective if Bruce takes the reigns from Feb 1st.

It will be handy if they came in now and took the likes of Jedi or Whelan, Lansbury, etc.

But hopefully come the start of next season he can sign the majority of our team with what will be left of it come end of May and there won't be many players remaining by the time the loans all end and contract expirys kick in. It will be another show of Bargain Basement Brucie.

All we will need for the Premier League would be Kalinic, McGinn, Hourihane, Grealish. We build a new team around them and start again practically for the better.

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don’t think an absence of rumours is reason to think that things aren’t happening, I don’t think that is not having signed a LB by the 3rd is an indication that it isn’t being treated as a priority.

Great article Trent. 

From the piece highlighted, I think many might be forgetting that we are not quite the media darlings we once were under the O'Neill years etc.

The press do us no favours and barely give us decent coverage anyway unless it's in a negative stance.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Great article Trent. 

From the piece highlighted, I think many might be forgetting that we are not quite the media darlings we once were under the O'Neill years etc.

The press do us no favours and barely give us decent coverage anyway unless it's in a negative stance.

Sure the same rumours that said Tammy was a goner yesterday or Henry was our new manager. 

Wouldnt believe a thing media says about Villa

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Given the upmost importance of one, I thought we would have one line up to bring in straight away. At the moment, there aren’t even any rumours. 

Same comments every window. It's weird how we even bother with a window bigger than a day if it's so easy to get things done. And the papers know nothing.

• Like 1

Hopefully it looks like inside three days we've now got a competent keeper, a backup keeper who isn't Bunn, and four centre halves in the squad, a position we should have been in from September onwards but for Bruce's brainfarting.  I'm sure we have a left back lined up and other irons in the fire. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Villa Transfers guy is back.

Says his last account was hacked.

Image may contain: text

Bit wary until we know it's same guy.

Don't remember him ever doing players going out.

Looks like that new one gone now actually.

It's a shame if he's gone but it's probably not great for the club to have people leaking moves.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’d treat the new account with caution, I doubt it’s the same person.

Agreed. The author of the last account got his details from incoming medicals. Doubt he/she would have any knowledge of outgoings. 

30 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Every so often, an idea comes along on this website that is so baffling I don't know what to do with it. The newest form of this is that Steve Bruce is going to purchase all of the players we don't want. I can't help but notice that many of these players, like Lansbury and Hogan for example, were not playing under Bruce and presumably are not exactly desperate to go and not play for him somewhere else. 

As long as he takes Elmo at least.

• Like 2