January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

As much as I loved Benteke during his time here, he has become a shadow of the player he used to be.

Furthermore a striker is the last thing we need at the moment, especially when you consider the cost it would take to bring him back. 

• Like 2

Having already spent £40m or so on strikers in the last few years I really think we should at least wait until we know what division we will be playing in next season before adding another one meaning we'll have all these £40m strikers on the bench, in the stands or loaned out.

4 hours ago, John said:

Where is this talk coming from?

I can't see him wanting to drop a division to come back to us in any case. Players are seldom as good as they were first time round and I doubt we will be finding out if this applies to Benteke with us later this season.

I think we had the best of him and he soon found out that the grass was not greener elsewhere after all. He found that getting what you want is sometimes not what you need.       

Media talk, whether it's true or not remains to be seen. Benteke is not getting game time either and because of the way he played under us he had a pretty darn good goal scoring time.

Benteke value isn't increasing, didn't palace buy him for around 32 million from Liverpool, yet his value has in fact decreased and palace are looking at ways in which they can sell him, one would be if they struck a deal with Aston Villa and we loaned him with the possibility to buy on, then if he comes good on loan he is back at villa.

Could be a good move, since we now have a coach who can bring players back from what is a career in the bench or worse. 

If Benteke does want to come back I think one reason is because he missed it so much at villa and regretted the moves he made than seen him leave Villa Park.

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Seen the talk on a HITC article where some fan is getting little bit eager!

Ain't happening people. He is absolutely garbage these days!!

That doesn't mean that translates back if he plays under us again. We should all know by now that when a player is playing very good under one club, one wrong move to another can be it for a while. Benteke could make a move back and for all we know become the player we all knew him as.

A loan wouldn't hurt at all, we would be losing nothing really to see if we can make him the player he once was. I think Dean could make use of him, he's a strong powerful guy, that's what we need up front someone who isn't going to be pushed around when he's on the ball

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

That doesn't mean that translates back if he plays under us again. We should all know by now that when a player is playing very good under one club, one wrong move to another can be it for a while. Benteke could make a move back and for all we know become the player we all knew him as.

A loan wouldn't hurt at all, we would be losing nothing really to see if we can make him the player he once was. I think Dean could make use of him, he's a strong powerful guy, that's what we need up front someone who isn't going to be pushed around when he's on the ball

Have enough loans already Dave. If we was doing loan would be sending back Moreira for another keeper.

Benteke is not worth it he's been awful for years now and desire has gone! If we was going for young striker than someone like Watkins would be ideal. We already have Tammy banging them in so any other striker would be back-up.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Junxs said:

As much as I loved Benteke during his time here, he has become a shadow of the player he used to be.

Furthermore a striker is the last thing we need at the moment, especially when you consider the cost it would take to bring him back. 

The problem is apart from Tammy as a striker, he is the only useful one and he isn't even ours, i think kodjia isn't the player he was yet I'd try a swap deal kodjia for Benteke on a loan for loan and see how it goes.

As it stands Benteke is not even getting bench at times, he's not playing his value has dramatically decreased and palace could be thinking of moving him on.

What's our record now with players coming from other clubs when there career has took abit of a dive, they come here and completely turn it around i dont see why Benteke couldnt do the same.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

As it stands Benteke is not even getting bench at times, he's not playing his value has dramatically decreased and palace could be thinking of moving him on.

Does that not tell you something though? He's attitude stinks hence why he can't get in team. No one is going to part with 100k a week and Palace would want full chunk anyway

Massive no, no signing players like this even on loan he hasn't been good for over 2 season's and clubs don't normally look at players out of form for 2 years they look at recent performances (Know this for a fact) hence why no one has touched him from Palace even last summer and as someone said earlier look at Wilifred Bony who is on 100k a weeks at Swansea and hasn't worked out for him 2nd time. They can't wait get rid of him and he is just as good as Benteke is.

Edited by Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Have enough loans already Dave. If we was doing loan would be sending back Moreira for another keeper.

Benteke is not worth it he's been awful for years now and desire has gone! If we was going for young striker than someone like Watkins would be ideal. We already have Tammy banging them in so any other striker would be back-up.

We don't have a Tammy though which is what we need to address, sure Benteke is no Tammy but he did once bang a ton of goals in for us. I think hes still capable of it, obviously if that move somehow did happen it would be something for him to prove that it's all still inside him.

What would we do if Tammy gets recalled in January by Chelsea, we would be hurting off of that bad. As I said before kodjia is struggling for goals and Hogan needs to step up, Greene is off on loan, we do need a player up front of Tammys calibre who is our own, Benteke could make a comeback it's been done before.

46 minutes ago, sne said:

Having already spent £40m or so on strikers in the last few years I really think we should at least wait until we know what division we will be playing in next season before adding another one meaning we'll have all these £40m strikers on the bench, in the stands or loaned out.

I do agree with what you said, I do think that too, if we go premiere we will need top quality for sure.

I wished January would hurry and arrive so we can see our reinforcements..

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He was decent for Atletico

a different Juanfran, he is a right back he would have fit our old transfer policy.

this Juanfran was a left back which shows we are progressing

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, sne said:

So with Grealish potentially out for months a midfielder became a high priority.

Really?

Because I actually think we have adequate midfielders...

JAck is pretty much a Wide Forward/CAM these days.

Ohare, Kodjia, Hogan, El Ghazi Landsbury , Mc Ginn, Hourihane, etc etc.

I think all we have to do is reshuffle the deck to be honest.

Defense still a priority.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Really?

Because I actually think we have adequate midfielders...

JAck is pretty much a Wide Forward/CAM these days.

Ohare, Kodjia, Hogan, El Ghazi Landsbury , Mc Ginn, Hourihane, etc etc.

I think all we have to do is reshuffle the deck to be honest.

Defense still a priority.

Depends how long he's out.

Defense and goalie still obviously priorities, but Jack is vital.

El Ghazi, McGinn and Hourihane are already in the team.

Hogan and Kodija are strikers.

Big ask for O'Hare or Landsbury to fill his boots.

don't get me wrong, we have probably the strongest midfield in the league, but Grealish is another level.

Guess we'll go Thor alongside McGinn and move Hourihane up a notch when Thor is back. Would love to see O'Hare given a go thou.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I hope he can scout us some good young Spanish talent that can go on to be an asset to us... you might say it would be great to have a Juanfran Isco on our hands. 

:trollface:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sne said:

So with Grealish potentially out for months a midfielder became a high priority.

Another crazy on the go non stop lightning john Mcginn type of player would see us totally dominate midfield and games even more. It's tough enough for teams dealing with Mcginn and Grealish, add another and damn teams will struggle. 

How about Theo Archibald, signed from celtic by brentford in 2017, around 20 years of age, he does play midfield doesn't he or is it winger, I know he can be deployed as a fullback though.

I feel those are the type of players we want, those who can be put into multiple positions.