Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I thought it was a good performance with an under strength side. 

Two teams going for a win with little pressure on, the only disappointment is that second goal when our entire midfield seemed to disappear. 

We had some great opportunities, probably better than theirs overall but not clinical enough, kodjia could have had a hat trick if he'd been switched on. 

Really not bothered, today was meaningless, real stuff starts at midday on a Saturday. 

Like previous posts have mentioned, I think today was a positive sign that just maybe things won't be complete doom and gloom when/if Jack goes. Smith has really put his stamp on things now.

The difference for me this year is, while I obviously want to get promoted, I have complete 100% faith and belief in the management team to lead us into whatever division we are in next season. I couldn't say that this time last year. 

• Like 3

Think DS called it right resting key players, and think he picked the right ones to rest.

This game was also a good opportunity to get our bench match sharp - some of the 2nd choice players could have a key role to play in the play-offs.

He's done everything right recently. Just hope the luck goes our way when we need it. Can't see us getting outplayed, but you never know what will happen.

• Like 4

I'm much more confident going into the playoffs this season with Smith than I was last season under Bruce. 

I joked from about March last season that we would reach the playoff final and lose to Fulham, and so it transpired. This season I'm not sure, I can see us going all the way. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This is your problem right here. You STILL haven't accepted how far we have fallen and that it might take a bit of work to put it right again.

Deluded and entitled. 

Glad you're back, saves me replying. 😁

Exactly this.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This is your problem right here. You STILL haven't accepted how far we have fallen and that it might take a bit of work to put it right again.

Deluded and entitled. 

No i have accepted where we are, i'm just never in my life going to say i'm happy to compete with Norwich.

Ridicilous

43 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No i have accepted where we are, i'm just never in my life going to say i'm happy to compete with Norwich.

Ridicilous

They won the league and we're hoping to scrape through via the playoffs. We're not on the same level.

30 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

They won the league and we're hoping to scrape through via the playoffs. We're not on the same level.

So for where you think we are having a game that you could flip a coin to decide is impressive?? 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Dale said:

So for where you think we are having a game that you could flip a coin to decide is impressive?? 

I wouldn't say impressive but it's certainly not something to scoff at. It's a good indication of how strong we've become that we've managed to keep up with a full-strength Norwich side with essentially our B team.

39 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Every respect to Norwich. They win the league over a full season. But that season involved Steve Bruce, change of a manager, setting on a new style of play. And if you had the season start over tomorrow, most clubs, if not everyone would have us favourites to win it. The notion we're not on the same level is obviously untrue. This weekend we should have at least had a draw with 7 first team players rested. 

Any way this is boring. Lets smash the playoffs and get drunk. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Wow we can compete with the likes of Norwich, incredible.

Christ how far we've fallen.

You have to look at it as Norwich were also one a premier side in the early 90s, it's taken them time and patience to get where they are now, which is a championship title winning team and a premier club once again.

We should of fallen long before we did with how badly mismanaged we were, yet we didn't but we're here just like others who lost there way out of the top flight. 

We for one season have come along way, but there are those of you who expect everything straight away. Club's don't turn things around this fast after falling so far as we have. You or anyone else who thinks we are a premier quality club and think we have a right to be up there your not kidding anyone apart from yourself. The only way we deserve to be there is if we earn it and we still have three games yet to go to decide that. 

You can call out Norwich all you like and belittle them, yet you fail to realise that they have accomplished an amazing task by getting promoted. They have a bunch of players who they didn't spend loads of coin on and managed to beat the rest of the club's to clinch that title they deserve it.

If we fail the playoffs I fear you and others would call for Smith's head, which would be a grave mistake. Again look at Norwhich and how they bought into what there manager was selling. At first they wasnt up for him but they stuck with Farke because it was cheaper to stick with him than pay him off and sack him, so yes they are now reaping rewards because of patience and loyalty. I do fear some fans will shout Smith out if the playoffs don't go our way, I for one have decided to stick by him no matter what and believe time and patience can only take us back up.

We are where we are because of many bad things that happened to our club, there are those clubs in this league who show us how it's really sposed to be done. Maybe some day we can compete again with the top 10, till then we need to do things right and plan for the long term and support Smith.

I don't know how you can say your not happy to compete with another football club. It's like your saying they are beneath us, which kinda stinks to be honest. Norwich have more than earned there promotion, in fact as it stands there are now rated better than us because they are in a league with the best in this country while we are not.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â