Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I thought Smith got it wrong today.

By going upto belisa and asking for "his permission" to walk a goal in showed nativity beyond comprehension.

I think we should of taken it on the chin and waited for the football gods to award us compensation. The injustice would have made a great team talk with  the extra time jaffa cakes at wembley.

Smith has flouted  law 40 of the the 48 laws of power. always despise the free lunch. whilst belisa has ticked off law 12. use selective honesty and generosity to disarm your victim.

Its obvious to everyone who subscribes to the corrupt channel of Sky TV,  one giant in the championship is crucial to boost up the friday night football ratings.  Leeds or Villa. the rest of the teams are chicken feed.

Related image

• Haha 4

I'm a huge fan of Smith so I'm not having a pop but he scared the shit out of me not replacing McGinn after his booking. McGinn looked to have lost head. 

They kept saying, "change is going to come".

We said, "when?"

Dean Smith said on March 22, 2019, "People are having to work very hard to keep their shirts.There's a competitiveness in training, and I can see in the matches now, that people are playing to the top of their abillity and others pushing to get there, and you know, want to push the boundaries of how good they can be."

The Villa faithful began to see, Smith's words had meaning, that change for the better had been bestowed them with the arrival of one of their own, a fellow faithful, Dean Smith.

• Like 2

If we are to go up some of our lesser performers need to step up. We can rely on mings mcginn, grealish to make an impact. But Green, Albert, kjodia , el ghazi can be inconsistent - in the play offs we cant afford to carry these players...and apart from TA we dont have many options in these areas.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2019 at 21:18, Dave-R said:

Well the playoffs are guaranteed, so I'd rest Mcginn and Grealish for a start and Mings. Hopefully Tammy will be fit enough for then as well and his shoulders fine ( apparently he was seen driving a car with his arm in a sling, that's crazy, does he want to make it to the play offs at all).

I'm fully confident in Smith to undo whatever comes at us, we are going to be tough to beat. Smith is for sure the Carol vorderman of football, very smart indeed. He has made some very impressive moves and then some and I suspect he's just found his thirst for achieving the unachievable like making history.

Would you all say that Smith has been our best man at the helm ever? or does Tony Barton still hold that because if europe?? The history books say yes dont they, I have to agree in some way with it as its some achievement alone. I mean we are also the most inform side in the world are we not, it really is tough to pick it all apart i think, I'd say he's one of the best we've ever had in charge of our squad.

Really?...I have never noticed his a***.

15 hours ago, hippo said:

If we are to go up some of our lesser performers need to step up. We can rely on mings mcginn, grealish to make an impact. But Green, Albert, kjodia , el ghazi can be inconsistent - in the play offs we cant afford to carry these players...and apart from TA we dont have many options in these areas.

I think you make an objective point.

I am not sure its being inconsistent, I think is more assertive......We cannot go up with so many passive performances.....The few you mention are carrying us.....and on Sunday ,the 2  struggled by their own standards...for the want of a better way of putting it.

Edited by TRO

On 27/04/2019 at 10:24, MikeMcKenna said:

Great article. It really is Roy of the Rovers stuff. Every Villa fans dream! If Dean takes us back to the Premiership he could become an almost instant legend. 

IF we get promoted it will be tough initially and maybe for several years, but with Dean and the new owners we may have a chance of returning to former glories. The club has great momentum at the moment. 

Obviously very different times but it feels a bit like 1975 when Ron Saunders took us back to the old division 1. I would love to relive the period 1975 - 1981. 

I feel that Mike....I just think he hasn't got the right number of players that suit his style.....doing a great job with what he has, but I feel much more to come from this guy. I know that sounds daft after 10 wins, but I think the exceptional players we have are instrumental in that.

I know we can't all walk around being too objective, because we have to enjoy the moments....but I feel, he knows what he wants to do in the future, in terms of recruitment.

I have every faith in him.

Edited by TRO

On 26/04/2019 at 15:53, 8pints said:

I'd say G.Ramsay, R.Saunders, T.Barton (But a debate to whether he just kept the boat steady from Saunders work could be had I suppose), G.Taylor and even M.O'Neill are names I would also bring up when thinking of Villa's greatest managers but D.Smith is certainly up there in my opinion. He's a record breaker. 

Tony Barton...Met him once and had c 1 hr conversation after a Villa game in a hotel on the Hagley Rd.....The mans football knowledge blew me away....l was in awe.

He was instrumental in bringing in all the players we ( Ron Saunders/Roy McLaren) turned in to stars......He was very much an integral part of Ron's success....Like Clough & Taylor.

Tony helped build what Ron presided over so,I feel he had his just rewards and if the players felt he was an imposter, they would never have played with that intensity in the Euro cup Ron.

No Imo, Tony marked his name in History......But I will always remember the trio with great pride....Ron Saunders-Tony Barton & Roy Mclaren as a team that transformed the fortunes of our club and cemented us in the archives in the higher echelons of football.

They were all remarkable in achieving so much on such a modest budget.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Barton was very much an integral part of Ron's success....Like Clough & Taylor.

Tony helped build what Ron presided over so,I feel he had his just rewards and if the players felt he was an imposter, they would never have played with that intensity in the Euro cup Ron.

For what it's worth, I share your opinion.

21 hours ago, TRO said:

Really?...I have never noticed his a***.

Oh your mind works in strange ways, it was only a matter of time wasn't it lol.

• Haha 1

On 29/04/2019 at 17:11, TRO said:

Tony Barton...Met him once and had c 1 hr conversation after a Villa game in a hotel on the Hagley Rd.....The mans football knowledge blew me away....l was in awe.

He was instrumental in bringing in all the players we ( Ron Saunders/Roy McLaren) turned in to stars......He was very much an integral part of Ron's success....Like Clough & Taylor.

No Imo, Tony marked his name in History......But I will always remember the trio with great pride....Ron Saunders-Tony Barton & Roy Mclaren as a team that transformed the fortunes of our club and cemented us in the archives in the higher echelons of football.

They were all remarkable in achieving so much on such a modest budget.

Every single one of them gentlemen as well. Met them all at Bodymoor - that was when you could literally be waiting for them to come out of the changing rooms - have a chat, get a photo and so forth - Ron and co cared about their public.

• Like 1

Â