Dean Smith

Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I thought Smith got it wrong today.

Taking off Henri Lansbury who was running the midfield spraying long diagonals all day was tactical nativity beyond comprehension.

The game was screaming out for Davis to come on for the powder puff green who looked scared to take on his man all game. Kodjia could have been shifted out wide to cut in and feed from Davis's flick ons when we pumped it long from steer, then bingo!

6 mins after Lansbury walks off (to a standing ovation) norwich win the game.

The one thing I can't abide is opposition teams coming to Villa Park to lift silverware. hearing "we are premier league" to the tune of Oops Upside Your Head and "going up up up" to the merrymens hot hot hot really made me want to chunder. watching norwich lift that trophy was like being a loser on bullseye. getting  the speedboat out just to deliberatly goad you.

Smith should come out and say he got it wrong.

...Villa finally lose their unbeaten run

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Smith said in the interview he couldn't believe how fit lansbury looked.

Why take him off then? shocking!

He was talking about his haircut and swag. Lansbury is a fit word removed.

• Haha 2

I liked the fact we made it competitive. That's testament to the manager and his desire to always play on the front foot. It eventually had to come to an end, better today than next week. 

Smith will have the troops fired up for the two games that really matter, I've no doubt about that. These players are not going to let that brilliant run come to nothing.

In Deano we trust.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I thought Smith got it wrong today.

Taking off Henri Lansbury who was running the midfield spraying long diagonals all day was tactical nativity beyond comprehension.

The game was screaming out for Davis to come on for the powder puff green who looked scared to take on his man all game. Kodjia could have been shifted out wide to cut in and feed from Davis's flick ons when we pumped it long from steer, then bingo!

6 mins after Lansbury walks off (to a standing ovation) norwich win the game.

The one thing I can't abide is opposition teams coming to Villa Park to lift silverware. hearing "we are premier league" to the tune of Oops Upside Your Head and "going up up up" to the merrymens hot hot hot really made me want to chunder. watching norwich lift that trophy was like being a loser on bullseye. getting  the speedboat out just to deliberatly goad you.

Smith should come out and say he got it wrong.

Whelan should've gone off, he was really flagging last 10 minutes and couldn't keep up with one of the Norwich players who ran from halfway line and passed to Vrancic. I was really surprised considering his age we played him for 90 minutes. Don't see him starting the second leg given the quick turnaround.

You do realise btw if we'd won 100-0 today Norwich would've still won the title and so lifted it on our turf? If you didn't want to watch it you could've just left on the final whistle like many did.

• Like 2

Congratulations on reaching the playoffs in your inaugural season as manager of your club, our club.

A promotion guru of this division and a Champions League winner couldn't pull it off in theirs.

Here's to the here and now..

UTV!

• Like 2

Just looking at the end of season table and remembering the hysteria from some people around February time. The following teams I seen on here from the same people would finish over us

blues - 24 points behind us*

brentford 12 points

forest 10 points

sheffield wednesday 12 points

preston 15 points 

stoke 21 points

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Congratulations on reaching the playoffs in your inaugural season as manager of your club, our club.

A promotion guru of this division and a Champions League winner couldn't pull it off in theirs.

Here's to the here and now..

UTV!

Whatever dude, Screwdriver says he got it wrong....

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

As I posted in the match thread, one of the brightest points with today's game was that we now have a settled system and playing style that new players slot into. Of course Grealish and McGinn etc make a difference, but we still played well today, playing the same attacking controlled football as before, only with other players.

Well done Dean Smith, may it long continue!

Good point. Think back to how inept we looked in those dark games in January and February. Today we were missing key players and could've easily scored 3 or 4 against the best team in the division this season.

Things are finally clicking at this club at long last.

4 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I liked the fact we made it competitive. That's testament to the manager and his desire to always play on the front foot. It eventually had to come to an end, better today than next week. 

Smith will have the troops fired up for the two games that really matter, I've no doubt about that. These players are not going to let that brilliant run come to nothing.

In Deano we trust.

Wow we can compete with the likes of Norwich, incredible.

Christ how far we've fallen.

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 1

Â