Dean Smith

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I've backed him all the way since the beginning.

I remember when we drew 5-5 against Nottingham Forest and the talk was that we couldn't defend.

How's that for an organised defensive effort then? Possibly our first 90 minute effort in a while (he must improve there), but what a day for it.

Honestly, I've not backed him this whole time to be stubborn or because I don't think we can get a better manager.

I've backed him for a number of reasons, most importantly, I believe he's up to the task of taking us up a notch and securing our PL status once more.

GET IN!!

You could see rust falling off since restart and the bike training wheels had finally been taken off, you could see it happening slowly.

Everyone wondered where's our giant killing,  well arsenal was it at a vital stage, couldn't of happened at a more crucial time really. Those players deserved it.

I'm not even going to slate Ghazi today because he wasnt on the pitch, over the moon. 😁

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Well done Smith.

Got it right and got the performance I’ve been crying out for all season. 

Same again on Sunday please.

• Like 4

Grealish was right, since the restart we’ve got less from games than we deserved.

If we stay up Smith needs to replace all 3 strikers.

Get rid of Davis

Loan out Wes 

Sell Samatta.

Tonight was superb , great effort from players manager and coaching staff and we were all bang up for it - well done to dean tonight And all involved - now lets do the Job at West Ham . 

• Like 1

One thing is for sure, he knows how to get a team up for knockout style tournaments.

The run at the end of last year, playoffs, cup final this year, and now this last stand this year.

Now let's finish the job at West ham. UTV.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Grealish was right, since the restart we’ve got less from games than we deserved.

If we stay up Smith needs to replace all 3 strikers.

Get rid of Davis

Loan out Wes 

Sell Samatta.

West not so sure, like others have mentioned he may still hold some kind of role at villa and he had a rough injury but could bounce back as a backup striker.

Sell Samatta and Davis yes.

6 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Management was brilliant today. Tweaking the formation to suit the flow of the game was amazing.  He totally out thought Arteta. 

How did he tweak? We shifted a couple of times I thought but I wasn’t sure if it was just how the game played out. I’m agreeing with you here I just am not sure exactly what he was shuffling.

Fair play to smith wanted him when we got Di Matteo and wanted him gone in January. Now let’s finish the job against West Ham and improve this squad and get rid of the deadwood 

Â