Dean Smith

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Improved the defence and looked very dangerous on the counter, Smith has improved considerably.

Seems to have finally found his best 11 which helps - however lets get through Sunday and then see where we go from there .

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Seems to have finally found his best 11 which helps - however lets get through Sunday and then see where we go from there .

This.

Good from the manager last night and it was deserved.

Now all attention turns to Sunday. Still a long way to go yet.

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Fully agree. Also love that you're using a browser from 1997.

To be fair I think it's the Watford fans forum that hasn't quite entered the age of mobility.

Much like their front line.

19 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Improved the defence and looked very dangerous on the counter, Smith has improved considerably.

Defensively we've been so much better since lockdown. We've been a Danny Ings away from flying up the table. 

Jack was talking about the level of coaching during lockdown. Thats a big tick for Dean Smith in my book. Major weakness and fixed without signing new players. That's what we want from a coach. 

Again, shows this bullshit myth that everyone is getting worse under him. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

Along way to go but smith was superb last night, an advert for sticking by your manager during tough times. We were resilient and entertaining, the perfect mix.

Now back down to earth, west ham will not be easy and I think we need 3 points. Great to be in control though. Time for Jack's parting gift

• Like 4

I'm not surprised at all by last night. I've been talking about improvement since the lockdown. Last night was just the culmination of the improvement and a bit of luck on our side. 

There were good subs, tactical changes, pressing high into stoppage time, fight and bottle. But also, no lack of good football and I think we out played arsenal.

Loved the reactions at the end, they were delighted but also knew the job wasnt done yet. There was a steely togetherness.

Everything that's been thrown at Smith, he threw back last night for me and I'm so pleased for him. 

Honestly, if we stay up, still a big if... It'll be one of the best PL achievements any of our managers have achieved. I have absolute faith he will go and achieve it now. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Interesting, How Micah Richards hinted at him being too nice....something I suspected for some time.

but hey! if it works, fine......if it don't change it.

That was a much better Villa Team tonight and I mean team.....hope we can complete the job now.

Edited by Mjvilla

Can't sack him if we stay up.

At the same time we know Pochettino is desperate to return to Premier League.

If the Newcastle takeover goes through it is looking like he is going there. But if it doesn't and our owners give him a big budget. Why the f*** not?

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Can't sack him if we stay up.

At the same time we know Pochettino is desperate to return to Premier League.

If the Newcastle takeover goes through it is looking like he is going there. But if it doesn't and our owners give him a big budget. Why the f*** not?

Welcome aboard sir...

As much as I agree with you and we would all love Mr Pochettino to arrive, I think it's fair we congratulate Dean Smith today in turning us round and keeping our survival hopes alive.

Bring on the Hammers...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Welcome aboard sir...

As much as I agree with you and we would all love Mr Pochettino to arrive, I think it's fair we congratulate Dean Smith today in turning us round and keeping our survival hopes alive.

Bring on the Hammers...

Absolutely. Very grateful.

Makes me wonder if Fulham could have survived if they stuck by Jokanovic in the relegation season.

We all talk about players needing a season to get used to the premiership. I think the same could be said of managers. DS seems to be a man who is a student of the game. I think the COVID lock down came at a good time for us and the management team and players took the chance to do some homework and I think in the last 3 games we are seeing the benefits of that. 

All quite straightforward now. Go beat West Ham and we don't have to rely on results from elsewhere! If we do that DS deserves another season to see if he can continue to improve. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Absolutely. Very grateful.

Makes me wonder if Fulham could have survived if they stuck by Jokanovic in the relegation season.

Or Watford had stuck by any one of their endless managers?

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Hindsight is a beautiful thing, isn't it?

Not necessarily in this case, I think it was pretty clear Watford are an absolute basket case. They might stay up and send us down, but I don't think anything justifies the way they act.

Don't feed trolls please.

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

If he pulls this off, it might almost be as good as last season's run. Last Sunday we were 7 points from safety and 5/6 down in terms of GD. Today we're outside the relegation zone with a superior goal difference. Incredible really. To go from how dejected I was when West Ham and Watford won last Saturday to how elated I am now is amazing.

It'll be a stone cold second miracle.

This team is not good enough. We'll need at least five, maybe six/seven starting players replacing if we pull this off.

GK, front three, Grealish, LB/RB

Then depth for every position especially centre mid.

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Your like a whining record... We had been getting gradually worse.. thankfully something has clicked with the players and Smith the last couple of games but we still ain't out the woods yet. If anything the last few games prove the players aren't as shit as some have been making out. 

I we stay up many if not all will be grateful, thankful, relieved. Nobody wants Smith or the players to fail. 

Or the bullshit myth that the players weren't/aren't good enough.....take your pick..

DCjonah make your mind up mate - just last week you were saying the players were not good enough.

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Your like a whining record... We had been getting gradually worse.. thankfully something has clicked with the players and Smith the last couple of games but we still ain't out the woods yet. If anything the last few games prove the players aren't as shit as some have been making out. 

I we stay up many if not all will be grateful, thankful, relieved. Nobody wants Smith or the players to fail. 

Or the bullshit myth that the players weren't/aren't good enough.....take your pick..

not true, but not surprised fans like yourself try to convince others. Kind of ruins your points. 

Before lockdown and after lockdown there is a clear improvement in many areas. Quite a few players have progressed as the season has gone on. 

I'll continue to whine about Dean Smith then, deserves it. 

• Like 4

Â