Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

They're below Sheffield in the league

of course but we beat Leicester in the cup some people then said they dont count as a big team. so seems guy cant win

before lockdown, if you said we'd be in a position where we could lose to West ham and still stay up, you'd have been laughed at. 

Done enough to keep his job for me, no matter what happens this weekend. 

• Like 3

Just now, Brentfordnylons said:

Well done  Villa and Dean hope we can join you in the PL in September.Now believe in him 

Really hope you guys leapfrog West Brom. Best of luck!

• Like 1

Credit where it's due, that was spot on from Smith.

Made changes in the first half that changed the game with Trez and Grealish moving wider.

Second half he moved McGinn who looked tired in the first half further forward and again caused trouble for Arsenal. 

Bit worried that the subs were a bit late but it worked and the changes were the correct ones.

Easy to say when it worked I guess but well done. We even had a guy at the halfway line when defending corners so that we had an outlet and could break a few times.

• Like 2

Thought he was a bit too slow with the subs again, but bloody delighted.

It's hard to criticise him too much when we all know Samatta needed to come off, and Davis is the next best option.

No one can really say a bad thing today about anyone on that field, they learnt that and Smith and players but bed 22 years of misery defeats from arsenal.

Now that makes you proud does it not.

Think Smith tactically changed the game to suit arsenal today, changed formation each half and it worked.

Were not done yet but one step closer, arsenal should beat watford at most Watford may go to pull a draw, hopefully we go try win the Hammers but if we can pull a similar scenario to watford,  win or draw we stay up.

3 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Well done  Villa and Dean hope we can join you in the PL in September.Now believe in him 

Thank you would be a fantastic game to play Brentford but please give Benrahma before you do.

I've backed him all the way since the beginning.

I remember when we drew 5-5 against Nottingham Forest and the talk was that we couldn't defend.

How's that for an organised defensive effort then? Possibly our first 90 minute effort in a while (he must improve there), but what a day for it.

Honestly, I've not backed him this whole time to be stubborn or because I don't think we can get a better manager.

I've backed him for a number of reasons, most importantly, I believe he's up to the task of taking us up a notch and securing our PL status once more.

GET IN!!

Think he's confirmed himself for next season now.

A few weeks ago we were going down Norwich style and I really couldn't see how he'd keep himself in a job.

Now we're making a right good go of it so think the board will look at things and even if worst still happens we've gone down winning a few so potential for quick winning start to championship. Given the quick turnaround we should have most of this squad for September.

6 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I can proudly say I was there when villalad21 posted something positive. There's tears in my eyes. That'll do.

Is it worth unblocking the post?

Â