Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, DCJonah said:

Not in that league. Its always so close. Of we are midtable by Xmas he could still be replaced and give us a chance to still do it. 

Couldn't disagree more, sorry.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And that's the kicker. No point turning on a man that got us promoted and got these bunch of amateurs in the PL. 

This is a long term project. 

More like a long term shambles ffs 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

8 consecutive games without a goal from our strikers or wingers.

How can anyone look at that attacking group and think a change of manager solves that. 

I understand the recruitment argument. I really do. A massive amount of blame has to go to that side of the club.

But the absolute refusal to put any of that blame on the manager is a bit tedious to be honest.

Smith could and should be doing more with this group of players. We are utter shit.

• Like 1

I will be ever grateful for him for last season - that day out at Wembley was my best ever day in over 45 years of supporting Villa - Better than Highbury in 1981 - when we took the title.

But I think he looks a broken man now - hes either given up - or knows his time as Villa boss is drawing to a close. Im not going to throw insults or ridicule the bloke - I don't know what happened at half time whether there was a rollocking that back fired - or we just tried to keep the score down. But clearly no one was interested in making a go of it - and I don't believe you can recover from that - you can't choose when to turn it on and when to throw in the towel. I think Purslow and the villa board will see that - IMO a fresh start for all is required - tough on Dean ? - in some ways yes - not many play off winners cut it in the prem - then again not managers survive relegation esp coupled performances like the 2nd 45 tonight.

Thanks Deano - if you return to VP as opposition manager Im sure you will get a warm reception.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Getting a new manager in won't fix this pile of shite Suso bought. 

What, Mings, McGinn, El Ghazi, Hourihane etc..... These are among some of the worst offenders these season for stupidity and laziness. These have all got progressively worse. Surely this isn't Suso's fault also?

Suso needs to go but with several others.

You can make arguments about the quality of the squad until the cows come home (and it is a poor squad), but there's simply no excuse for the way we just roll over and accept defeat time and time again. Clearly a number of the players aren't good enough, but neither is the manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

Get Dyche in to have the best shot at promotion and try to establish us back in the premier.

Then we have a platform to build from.

Pretty sure he already has a job... :lol: 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

This. It’s a sad reality. They won’t run for him. Block for him. 

I wish it had worked out, I really do. There’s a lot to like about him. But too many errors of judgement tactically and in transfers. I wish him all the best as I know he loves this club. It hasn’t worked out though. You cannot command their respect with the defeatist shoulder dropping. 

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

Get Dyche in to have the best shot at promotion and try to establish us back in the premier.

Then we have a platform to build from.

Even if he was the answer, I don't see why he;'d leave. They're **** financially, but they're still a better bet than us next season.

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

What, Mings, McGinn, El Ghazi, Hourihane etc..... These are among some of the worst offenders these season for stupidity and laziness. These have all got progressively worse. Surely this isn't Suso's fault also?

Suso needs to go but with several others.

Them too. words removed. McGinn had injury excuse. You left out Grealish

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

This. It’s a sad reality. They won’t run for him. Block for him. 

They did until VAR **** us, AGAIN. Then their heads dropped. Nothkng to do with Deano. We bought lots of shite to average footballers that can't hold their own in this league. Collectively they show it weekly.  Nothing to do with Deano. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Getting to the cup final was the worst thing that could have happened to Villa in retrospect because it gave them an excuse not to sack the manager. We fought like mad in the cup games but Ive not seen any of that fight in the league games for a long time now. 

• Like 4

Â