Dean Smith

Demitri_C

It's difficult, it's harsh as he got us here. He had a massive job to overhaul the squad, but the most concerning thing is the lack of identity.

If you're a Norwich fan you can see a style of play, they leak goals left right and centre but they have an attacking identity.

We're slow, zero width, and zero invention outside of Grealish. Regardless of the shite we have signed a good manager implements that. Even last season we were largely running through Jack and having better players than most. We vastly overachieved under Bruce until Smith came in that year.

I like the Smith, I want him to succeed but I can't be confident he will turn it round again. The mind leans more towards last year's run being a one off purple patch for us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Head of recruitment will get sacked, Purslow probably too being honest and they can’t complain. That leaves Dean and I can see the owners wanting a new clean start as this project has completely failed. 

Purslow will depend on FFP

If he's made us financially sound even after relegation then sacking him is harsh, the **** up could always be worse, if the books are a mess next season then yep chuck him on the pile too

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The problem we have is that if he stays on and gets us promoted again, we will have him as a PL manager in a years time. There is nothing to suggest it will be any different. So based on that logic, he has to be sacked as soon as the season is over.

There is

Managers are just like players, they can get better (and worse) with age, they can gain experience, they can develop

Konsa at the moment isn't proper PL quality, we go down he plays 40 games comes back up there's every danger that he might be at the 2nd bite

But a manager can't go through that same learning curve? Why not? 

4 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The problem we have is that if he stays on and gets us promoted again, we will have him as a PL manager in a years time. There is nothing to suggest it will be any different. So based on that logic, he has to be sacked as soon as the season is over.

I agree. We know he's not good enough so why bother keeping him

4 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

He won't get us up. We had by far the best team in the Championship last season. He obviously needs to work with a Man City squad to get results.

8 minutes ago, Enda said:

Yeah no chance we stay up playing like this, but a win on Sunday and we're only a point behind 16th.

Not if Watford win we aren’t.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

There is

Managers are just like players, they can get better (and worse) with age, they can gain experience, they can develop

That may be true but my concern is that we have got progressively worse this season. If we started shite and got better it would be a different story. The fact we're in freefall in terms of results and he has done nothing to stem the tide means IMO he doesnt deserve another chance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

He’s got the job all villa fans would love and this is the shit he is giving us, has to go before the start of next season 

Should have gone last September, when it was obvious he was a clueless amateur, clearly out of his depth,

VLD.

Just now, R.Bear said:

That may be true but my concern is that we have got progressively worse this season. If we started shite and got better it would be a different story. The fact we're in freefall in terms of results and he has done nothing to stem the tide means IMO he doesnt deserve another chance.

Depends on the plan

We need to limit turnover, if that means Smith goes and the players stay then so be it but a new manager and staff + 10 players would **** us again

Quickest route to return is Smith + around 5 new young High potential players imo 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There is

Konsa at the moment isn't proper PL quality, we go down he plays 40 games comes back up there's every danger that he might be at the 2nd bite

But a manager can't go through that same learning curve? Why not? 

I think you would get very good odds on either Konsa or Smith cutting it in the premier league.

16 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You see to me that says whoever has been in charge over recruitment has to go. We also spent £127 million on utter shite like Wes, Trez and what not. 

Doesn't matter what manager you got when you recruit hamsters for a dog race. 

No question suso must be shown the door along with smith 

2 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Should have gone last September, when it was obvious he was a clueless amateur, clearly out of his depth,

VLD.

Exactly I said at Xmas after that Southampton home game he should have gone 

Biggest gamble is getting rid of him and ripping the whole thing apart IMO. 

Keep most of the squad and learn from our recruitment mistakes. If we don't look like challenging for promotion by Xmas then he goes. If he gets us back up then a serious think about if he is the right man at that point. 

Right now, I think hes our best chance at bouncing straight back. 

• Like 2

Â