Dean Smith

Demitri_C

As a Premier League manager, he's no better than Remi Garde or any other manager you want to throw in from the AVFC book of nightmares. 0 wins in 11 games. 2 goals in the last 8.

Shambolic.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TRO said:

1. Dean Smith himself had admitted he didn't think we would be in a relegation battle....thats his judgement and he is closer to the thing than us.....I share his view, neither did I, despite the level of recruitment.....The club itself was not expecting a relegation battle, why would they, spending unprecedented amounts of money....Burnley and Sheff Utd have not spent money like that and have shown the durability of there players, is a central factor in them staying up......talent alone, will not keep you in this league.

2. I don't want to be a good loser.....John Gregory once said the fear of losing drives him on.....I see the logic there, being a good loser breeds complacency.

3.we all want to be entertained....but there is a team on the other side trying to stop us and beat us.....its not exhibition football.....its naive to think otherwise.....as the old saying goes " you have to win the right to play football" and in my view that is where we have gone wrong, we are not a naturally equipped combative side....in this league if you are like that, they will unpick you, and they have.

in the early part of the season, moments in the game, saved us.....we have now been slowly worn down and the confidence has evaporated to the point, the goals have now dried up.

The argument of players not being ready for this league are exposed by the fact that we have got worse, not better.....I equally think we have bought the wrong type of players and the format of our recruitment process has contributed to that.....As an example we signed Wes and Jay Rodriguez left Albion for half the Wes fee, far more atuned to this league are more aggressive too.

Point 3. If we were capable of playing defensively and winning I could understand your logic. However we play, we lose therefore why not try and entertain me.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

As a Premier League manager, he's no better than Remi Garde or any other manager you want to throw in from the AVFC book of nightmares. 0 wins in 11 games. 2 goals in the last 8.

Shambolic.

True. Someone with that record can’t stay on. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

The club may as well sack him now. He can’t get the players to believe they have a chance to stay up. 

This guy is not getting villa back up , he’s been shown for what he is - a dean smith team with no grealish Abraham and tuanzebe is going nowhere - get rid now 

• Thanks 1

Just resign, clueless yet again tonight. I was one of the ones that wanted smith in when we got Di Matteo, how wrong could I have been this is near enough bad as when we 1st went down 

The body language all round tells you he’s not motivating them so Sack him tonight ... Terry might give them some bite for 4 games , nothing to lose now we are down .

Â