Dean Smith

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Grealish ,Mcginn ,Mings and Luiz thats it really in terms of PL quality , Keinan Davis is our bes CF currently but he doesn’t score in a better team he would be ideal to bring on at the 70 min mark to see a game out and hold things up

I think you can add Targett, Heaton and Engels to that list. Konsa, Hause, Guilbert, Wesley and maybe Nakamba will all probably get there in time too. I don’t think the squad is awful we are just lacking in some key areas. A bit of pace out wide and some physicality in the middle of the pitch transforms our team and makes average players look better.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I remember last time the “just for 1 year, we fancied a change” chant, then until Bruce came in we were more worried about being relegated again than getting promoted.

Yeah some short memories.

I’d hope we’d come straight back up but it’s certainly not a given. Also a little nervous the football league might be wanting to make an example of us given the amount of noise made by other clubs about our spending.

Going down would be an absolute disaster no doubt about it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

People are hungry for him to go now because of wanting something to give us some hope, but if we wait until the end of the season we will have much better options. Now it would be either Terry, or someone like Hughton or Allardyce.

Who do you think is gettable at the end of the season then ?

Fwiw today was a shit game. Wolves are 5th and are a much superior team to us whether some people want to admit it or not. Only Jack gets in the Wolves team. Sure we started the 6th centre back for Wolves last season.

Truth is they scored from a ricochet into Dendoncker but Nyland I can't remember making a save or Patricio for that sake 

• Like 1

If we appoint a new manager now it would be one with a view to saving this season, so it wouldn't be one of the more fashionable names that people want as they tend to be the kind that need time to get their ideas across and often aren't even managers that have worked in this country, plus it would be incredibly difficult to obtain such a manager at short notice. That's why I think we will have better options at th end of the season, as the we won't be restricted to managers who are available, have premier league experience and can make an immediate impact without hardly any work done with the players at all.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Whish I would of thought of that one, but my initial stab at humour was totally lost on the victim. 

Well he is a little 'long in the tooth' I would agree but I am quickly going down the route of ANYBODY would be an improvement on the present incumbent.....

Regards,

VLD.

We are not playing good, but we have been ok and lost with the odd goal the last games, it was only the Chelsea game where we were more or less outplayed, but still were in the game. It could be so much worse. And for you who want to sack Smith , remember how it was with Bruce for example, would you want to go back to that? Or the Sherwood - Remi Garde - Eric Black spectable.

We want someone for the long run, only one I'd consider would be Graham Potter, but otherwise I can't see who would be better in the long run.

We go down, cash in on Grealish and Mings, use that money and parachute money to strenghten, let some of our imports like Nakamba get used to the English football properly, we win the Championship and come back to the PL as a stronger team in two seasons. DS have learned his lessons from this season and we will have a propoer season in the PL. How about that? 😄 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, useless said:

If we appoint a new manager now it would be one with a view to saving this season, so it wouldn't be one of the more fashionable names that people want as they tend to be the kind that need time to get their ideas across and often aren't even managers that have worked in this country, plus it would be incredibly difficult to obtain such a manager at short notice. That's why I think we will have better options at th end of the season, as the we won't be restricted to managers who are available, have premier league experience and can make an immediate impact without hardly any work done with the players at all.

I would try and go for our main target now.

Everyone is gettable, make no question.

So is our approach to get in say Big Sam.. rescue the season and thank you with a golden handshake..  and then try and get a more high profile manager after 4 weeks time?

Or do we go all out now and try and get a big name from the off with that said manager equally knowing what they are inheriting?

It's a very big call to make for our owners.

That being said, it will probably be JT that ends up taking the reigns anyway.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

I know this is just his opinion but surprised he's talking like this considering he works for the athletic and they've deneid he's leaving, adds to the speculation...

Edited by useless

1 minute ago, useless said:

I know this is just his opinion but surprised he's talking like this considering he works for the athletic and they've deneid he's leaving, adds to the speculation...

Kendrick doesn't work for The Athletic. Evans does.

1 hour ago, Sam3773 said:

Hearing it's happening from the ever reliable Twitter sources.

I do get a sense it is happening, though. I'm gutted for the man I really am. He's one of our own and that won't change, but we have to. 

Sadly, there is no sentiment in football.

Neil warnock was sacked from his boyhood club Sheff Utd....it happens

Its a results business, its inevitable.

• Like 1

Â