Dean Smith

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Sorry, everybody.

Well no wonder the team is so passive if starting relegation on the face doesn’t phase you. He is lost and out of his depth will no clue what he is currently doing and if he cannot inject some passion into a local Derby then he deserves to be sacked. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We owe smith a certain debt of gratitude for last season for sure but that should cloud our judgement or make us sentimental in keeping him ... He has failed IMO and sticking with him will cost us dearly 

probably has already cost us dearly ,  asking a lot for anyone to turn it around at this stage 

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I genuinely dont think another manager makes us better. We have a shit squad. 

Subs today, how many get in another Premier League squad. McGinn arguably AEG. The rest not a chance.

I doubt some of our starters would as well 

Grealish ,Mcginn ,Mings and Luiz thats it really in terms of PL quality , Keinan Davis is our bes CF currently but he doesn’t score in a better team he would be ideal to bring on at the 70 min mark to see a game out and hold things up

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

I absolutely hate the dinosaur term, especially when people saying it have no idea about how up to date his methods are.

His football is generally not pretty but it doesn’t make him a dinosaur. 

People have stopped calling Roy Hodgson a dinosaur now I’ve noticed. 

Hodgson is a dinosaur. 

People are hungry for him to go now because of wanting something to give us some hope, but if we wait until the end of the season we will have much better options. Now it would be either Terry, or someone like Hughton or Allardyce.

We’re not a long ball team. We’re not a physical team. We’re not a counter attacking team. We’re not a possession based team. We’re not a get-it-wide-and-whip-it-in team. 

We have zero identity. Smith is partly to blame but the players we’ve bought and the squad we have is the real reason for this.

Can you imagine playing against Nakamba, Luiz and Hourihane in midfield. It would be a dream. Ok, Luiz has done ok lately but he wouldn’t exactly strike fear into me. 

We’re so easy to play against. We’re so, so beatable. And that’s why we lose all the time. I know there is a big gulf in class between the Premier League and the Championship but I think a few of you are in for a shock if you think we’ll do well next season with this squad.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Pointless to sack him now then have a new manager walk into games against Liverpool, Man Utd and the probably relegation.

They’d be ruined before they even got going.

I do buy this opinion and lean a bit this way too. They have already stated we were a year early in the owners minds so it does seem as though they’ll give dean at least a run of games into next season even if it’s the championship. I am firmly in the camp that our downfall is solely due to transfers. I don’t see a lack of effort on the field only a lack of talent. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’re not a long ball team. We’re not a physical team. We’re not a counter attacking team. We’re not a possession based team. We’re not a get-it-wide-and-whip-it-in team. 

We have zero identity. Smith is partly to blame but the players we’ve bought and the squad we have is the real reason for this.

Can you imagine playing against Nakamba, Luiz and Hourihane in midfield. It would be a dream. Ok, Luiz has done ok lately but he wouldn’t exactly strike fear into me. 

We’re so easy to play against. We’re so, so beatable. And that’s why we lose all the time. I know there is a big gulf in class between the Premier League and the Championship but I think a few of you are in for a shock if you think we’ll do well next season with this squad.

I agree with everything but the last point. 

Norwich absolutely pissed the league last year. We will be fine. 

1 minute ago, NSmith22 said:

I do buy this opinion and lean a bit this way too. They have already stated we were a year early in the owners minds so it does seem as though they’ll give dean at least a run of games into next season even if it’s the championship. I am firmly in the camp that our downfall is solely due to transfers. I don’t see a lack of effort on the field only a lack of talent. 

Can't give anymore likes but 100% agree. 

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Grealish ,Mcginn ,Mings and Luiz thats it really in terms of PL quality , Keinan Davis is our bes CF currently but he doesn’t score in a better team he would be ideal to bring on at the 70 min mark to see a game out and hold things up

On current form only Grealish and Luiz would find another team in the Premiership. McGinn was pants even before he was injured and Mings is horribly inconsistent....

Regards,

VLD.

• Like 3

I'm all against sacking him. Even if we go down, which I now regrettably think we will, he should stay. I have agreed with almost all broader decisions he has made during the season. He has tried to stay with a settled 4-3-3 formation, but adjusted when needed, when it went bad by Christmas and we were to weak at the back he changed to a back three, when that didn't work in the long run he reverted to the 4-3-3. I think his line ups and substitutions often makes sense. I think we can see that he tries to play football, look at Newcastle and Bruce or Burnley and Dyche, and the way they play. Smith is clearly learing and is a clever manager.

I just dont see who we could bring in who would have done a better job, perhaps with Dyche or Bruce we would have picked up more points and perhaps had a better chance of staying up, but I dont want them long term. Who would be better than Smith in the Championship?

Having so many new players who are new to the league and who cost avarage £10M and with long term injuries to key players, the conditions for staying up is simply quite bad.

Now what I don't have any insight in at all is what the dressing room thinks of him, if he looses the dressing room he must of course go, but I don't think that's the case. Even if I would like to see some more urgency, the spirit is not like the last time we went down.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NSmith22 said:

Lack of direction and ideas are the most apparent for me.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I agree with everything but the last point. 

Norwich absolutely pissed the league last year. We will be fine. 

Hmm. We finished 5th and we’ll lose Grealish, Mings, McGinn and won’t have Abraham next season. That leaves some very, very poor players. 

I don’t share your optimism. Especially when whoever signed all the shit in the summer is probably still at the club. 

• Like 2

I remember last time the “just for 1 year, we fancied a change” chant, then until Bruce came in we were more worried about being relegated again than getting promoted.

• Like 1

Â