Dean Smith

Demitri_C

31 minutes ago, Eastie said:

My old friend tro is a great admirer of warnock 😁

Certain aspects of him ,yes.......read his book and tell me, you don't like him?..he has had a hard life.

But, He knows what a balanced team looks like.

but hey ....I would want a serial winner, in charge.

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

If we hired Warnock I couldn’t support villa whilst he’s there. Man is an utter, utter scumbag. 

Read his book and tell me that, you might change your mind.

24 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would try and go for our main target now.

Everyone is gettable, make no question.

So is our approach to get in say Big Sam.. rescue the season and thank you with a golden handshake..  and then try and get a more high profile manager after 4 weeks time?

Or do we go all out now and try and get a big name from the off with that said manager equally knowing what they are inheriting?

It's a very big call to make for our owners.

That being said, it will probably be JT that ends up taking the reigns anyway.

Yes - that's my thinking make a big offer to a top coach now. It steals a march on our rivals - rather than fighting for the leftovers in the close season.

Do it now.

It gives someone time to evaluate the squad for next season.......the closed season is over before you know it, no time to evaluate the players.

• Like 1

Smith was never my first choice for the role, I thought having been at Brentford and Walsall the Villa job would be too big for him.

However, that run he got us on last year was brilliant, one of the best periods I’ve known as a villa fan. It changed my opinion.

Ive said before that possibly, he is a victim of his own success by getting us up too early he hasn’t had chance to implement the football style and philosophy he had at previous clubs. 
The premier league is a different kettle of fish, and he hasn’t shown he can adapt and build his team at this level. Where’s the progressive football? where retention of the football? Where’s any defensive shape? Where’s proactive subs? 
I like Smith I really do, but unfortunately it now seems My initial fears have come to rest. 
The only problem is I have no idea who to get to replace him

• Like 1

There are some very optimistic/deluded  Villa fans on here regarding our next manager.

Poch??? Rafa who is on something like £12 million in China

Why don’t we go for Klopp he seems to doing well at the moment.

Dont know what the view on Dyce on here is  but  I would describe him an very skilled Premier League manager with limited resources who plays industrial football.His first season in the Premier league ....relegated with 33 points...sounds familiar.

For me with the huge turnaround we have had with playing staff in last 4 years we need stability .How many new players have we signed in the last 5 years?I would guess the number is very very high.

Stick with Smith.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I have one of them and still eagerly waiting to be read.

I have a whole pile of cricket autobiographies at home like that.  I dread walking past Waterstone's just before Christmas and seeing there is a new one in the window.

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Smith was never my first choice for the role, I thought having been at Brentford and Walsall the Villa job would be too big for him.

However, that run he got us on last year was brilliant, one of the best periods I’ve known as a villa fan. It changed my opinion.

Ive said before that possibly, he is a victim of his own success by getting us up too early he hasn’t had chance to implement the football style and philosophy he had at previous clubs. 
The premier league is a different kettle of fish, and he hasn’t shown he can adapt and build his team at this level. Where’s the progressive football? where retention of the football? Where’s any defensive shape? Where’s proactive subs? 
I like Smith I really do, but unfortunately it now seems My initial fears have come to rest. 
The only problem is I have no idea who to get to replace him

My sentiments as well. By getting us promoted I thought he’d proved me wrong but the progressive coach that talked about setting traps and overloads is not the Dean Smith we’re witnessing now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

Certain aspects of him ,yes.......read his book and tell me, you don't like him?..he has had a hard life.

But, He knows what a balanced team looks like.

but hey ....I would want a serial winner, in charge.

You old rascal , it was me who recommended his book to you 😂

I have over 100 football autobiographies and must admit warnocks is in the top 3 

Edited by Eastie

Looks like Smith's staying whichever division we're in next season. Definitely need the whole structure around him revamping though and a proper Director of Football appointed who can help rebuild the club, someone who can make all the football based decisions leaving Purslow to stick to the business side of things.

1 minute ago, penguin said:

What’s with all the Warnock talk, he’s just taken the job at Boro hasn’t he?

Yes , not an option , I’d like to see us bring in a continental manager next time with new fresh ideas .

1 minute ago, penguin said:

What’s with all the Warnock talk, he’s just taken the job at Boro hasn’t he?

Just as a source of advice for Dean in case he gets sacked and/or relegated as surely there's nobody with more experience of it than Warnock.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Looks like Smith's staying whichever division we're in next season. Definitely need the whole structure around him revamping though and a proper Director of Football appointed who can help rebuild the club, someone who can make all the football based decisions leaving Purslow to stick to the business side of things.

Interesting to see how purslow reacts if told by Eden’s to get rid , ultimately purslow will do as instructed by the owners and may well have egg on his face 😂

Get Dan Ashworth in, would be a start and a positive change instead of that garden gnome Suso. Purslow, starting to like the camera a bit too much. Stay in the background. But yeah Ashworth - he's top drawer. Not been big headed but id like to think we can get brightons technical director. 

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

8 games without a win.

What will it take?

Don’t worry opinions change fast in football - ask poch .

football is littered with managers given the dreaded vote of confidence only to be fired shortly afterwards 😂

Â