Dean Smith

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I'll ask again, who? Who, realistically, could be the next AVFC manager?

We haven't gone big since O'Neill, we need to go big, an it's not a case of the Poch's won't come, money talks, an we need an experienced long term manager to be anywhere near a success.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I'll ask again, who? Who, realistically, could be the next AVFC manager?

It is down to the people in charge of the club to recruit the right manager   Preferably someone with fresh modern ideas who can adapt formations and styles fluidly and is a good motivator or players  , there have been several European names touted by other posters .

newcastle under Ashley kept Rafa in the championship with little to spend ,  Leeds attracted bielsa ,  villa have rich ambitious owners ,  they need to aim high and get a manger in who can not only get us up but take us to the next level whatever the wages .

Dont hold your breath they will get it right though .

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

It is down to the people in charge of the club to recruit the right manager   Preferably someone with fresh modern ideas who can adapt formations and styles fluidly and is a good motivator or players  , there have been several European names touted by other posters .

newcastle under Ashley kept Rafa in the championship with little to spend ,  Leeds attracted bielsa ,  villa have rich ambitious owners ,  they need to aim high and get a manger in who can not only get us up but take us to the next level whatever the wages .

Who would you suggest?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We haven't gone big since O'Neill, we need to go big, an it's not a case of the Poch's won't come, money talks, an we need an experienced long term manager to be anywhere near a success.

No chance Poch would manage in the championship

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Based on?

If the the owners have a change of heart and replace him in the summer then I'm sure they could bring in a well regarded manager if they wanted to, it's just the case of whoever is tasked with choosing said manager (presumably either Pitarch or Purslow) making the right choice... Actually that's probably another reason why Smith won't go at this stage, because if Suso is leaving in the summer then whoever was to replace him would probably be wanting a big say in the footballing side of things including who the head coach was going to be, would makes sense to bring in a new Director of Football before a new manager.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You think he would? I think you're seriously misguided if you think he would come to the championship to manage us. 

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Who would you suggest?

Marcelo gallardo , Vincenzo montella or someone of that ilk - I’d like Rafa and the owners have the financial clout and the ambition but to get him purslow wouLd  need to be ditched .

6 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Based on?

Based On the shambles this season with Suso smith and purslow all culpable - I’ve seen the Owners state their AMBItions and Aims for the club and dean smith is laughable if you think he is going to get us anywhere near . 

Just now, Mozzavfc said:

Wagner still free after leaving the Huddersfield job. Was a miracle worker there

Nope he is at Schalke who just set a new record of 16 games without a win ...so actually he would fit in well here 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Mozzavfc said:

Wagner still free after leaving the Huddersfield job. Was a miracle worker there

Currently 12th managing with schalke. no thanks 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mozzavfc said:

He’s a huge upgrade on smith but I’d hOpe for better if the owners are as ambitious as they claim , this is a chance to spend big and build a decent team with ffp relaxed , we must recruit the right people at all levels 

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He's gone.

Just heard from a credible source (former players stepson).

Hearing from his cousins nephew thats hes gone to . Will be announced tonight at 11

• Haha 1

Â