Dean Smith

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, useless said:

It's all but been confirmed that he isn't getting the sack, although I guess he might go at the end of the season if we at don't see some sort of response

By gregg Evans ? Ffs his record Is atrocious , worst villa reporter I’ve seen in 45 years on the Mail , no wonder he didnt  last long .

express and stars Matt  Cooper Seems to think smith is on his way out 

Edited by Eastie

He left the birmingham mail because he was headhunted by the athletic. Besides it's not really about Gregg Evans, it's that it's the Athletic reporting it, they wouldn't print that he's going to keep his job if they weren't pretty sure of it, because they know that people are paying to read their news, so won't want to risk their reputation by making things up. Of course we could have a change of mind, but seems for now Smith is safe.

1 minute ago, useless said:

He left the birmingham mail because he was headhunted by the athletic. Besides it's not really about Gregg Evans, it's that it's the Athletic reporting it, they wouldn't print that he's going to keep his job if they weren't pretty sure of it, because they know that people are paying to read their news, so won't want to risk their reputation by making things up. Of course we could have a change of mind, but seems for now Smith is safe.

Preece , Evans , Kendrick , ultimately if you want to take 100% trust in a journalist on villa for me it has to be John Percy By a mile . 

21 minutes ago, Nabby said:

I know Dyche at Burnley relegated and came back up and stayed up is there any other examples of this ..

Alan Curbishley at Charlton is the only other one I can think of.

Smith promised entertaining, possession-based attacking football... Sadly he hasn't walked the walk. Whether he stays or goes, I want to see us take some risks and really give it a go in the last few games. If we get beat, or even thrashed, then so be it, but let's go down fighting. 

• Like 2

Smith obviously didn’t learn anything meaningful during the enforced 3month indoor sabbatical as we are so devoid of idea it’s unbelievable. FFS Norwich are a better TEAM than us in reality as at least they play to their strengths they play with effort and determination and have a sense and style of play. Admittedly it’s just not good enough and they are where they deserve to be as are we ... just not good enough. But watching them recently I see as a cohesion and team spirit we lack.

Also really is the squad to blame. Is there not 11 players in our squad that can put in at a Least a heartening display and show some **** balls and spirit. And in smith stays a lot of the squad will stay and the EFL will wanna bum **** us over FFP or whatever rules are and we trust Smith to get a tune with another summer of transfer turnover and core group of the squad minus its prized assets with games coming thick and fast. 

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Smith promised entertaining, possession-based attacking football... Sadly he hasn't walked the walk. Whether he stays or goes, I want to see us take some risks and really give it a go in the last few games. If we get beat, or even thrashed, then so be it, but let's go down fighting. 

People say this, but if he'd gone on the offensive against Wolves and/or Chelsea and we'd lost by 3 or 4 because we left ourselves too open, would you be happy?

If we take some risks and go for it against Liverpool, it'll be a **** bloodbath.

Edited by Davkaus

5 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Steve Bruce too blues up twice and hull up twice with relegation at both in between , though he left both clubs after 2nd promotIons for other clubs 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I keep seeing people saying its fine he will get us promoted nxt season if we go down but there is little evidence teams sticking with the same manager 1) come straight back up 2) that manager makes it through the season

Just now, Davkaus said:

People say this, but if he'd gone on the offensive against Wolves and/or Chelsea and we'd lost by 3 or 4 because we left ourselves too open, would you be happy?

Yes I would be happy. I remember the late Graham Taylor saying that there is never anything wrong with losing a game that you are trying to win. What we are seeing now is a team that are just trying to keep the losing score down. That isn't acceptable. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

but on this very website he’s been heavily criticised about being too open and conceding over 20 shots per game.  That’s what happens when you have players like we have and are one of the poorer teams in league and you play more attacking football.  After lockdown he’s been more conservative but we concede less opportunities but now we create less.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

but on this very website he’s been heavily criticised about being too open and conceding over 20 shots per game.  That’s what happens when you have players like we have and are one of the poorer teams in league and you play more attacking football.  After lockdown he’s been more conservative but we concede less opportunities but now we create less.

I don't remember seeing too many instances of us actually being too attacking. What I do remember is us consistently giving the ball away under pressure, resulting in the opposition getting a chance on goal. 

We would have been more effective playing on the counter attack this season, but unfortunately our recruitment wasn't focused on having any pace in the side. 

• Like 1

Â