Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Lots of rumours across Twitter that Villa chiefs are in talks tonight about sacking Smith. 

Its only based on this story from football insider. 

Surely Percy, Evans or Kendrick would get wind of this before football insider. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Lots of rumours across Twitter that Villa chiefs are in talks tonight about sacking Smith. 

What's to talk about. Sack him, get the new guy in and that those lazy shites in tomorrow.

The sacking talk is absolutely nuts. So people honestly think that the owners and top bosses at the club haven't discussed sacking Smith even before the lockdown? They probably chat after each game about it right now. It's a difficult thing though as he's 1 point from safety. 

The only way I see them sacking them is if they know who we'll be losing in the summer and feel Smith isn't the man to try to take us back up. In which case, I see them offering the job to John Terry until the end of the season with the temptation of a first management job at Villa if he keeps us up. 

Hearing it's happening from the ever reliable Twitter sources.

I do get a sense it is happening, though. I'm gutted for the man I really am. He's one of our own and that won't change, but we have to. 

I don't think football insider are a bad source these days, were first with the news about Davis signing an extension and have been first with a few other things well, I think they were first to report that O'Hare wouldn't be offered a new deal as well. Edit: I think they also broke the news that we were signing Louie Barry.

Edited by useless

2 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

We've had one run of brilliant form under him, the record breaking run. Before and after that we were awful.

Yep. I really do think that (brilliant) run towards the end of last season has clouded people's judgement a bit. Fact is more often than not we've looked poor to awful under Smith.

• Thanks 1

Feeling like I'm about to break up with a girl I love, but can't make it work because I can't get in the box. 

I know it's for the best but damn it cuts deep. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I have got no faith in this board making the correct managerial appointment.

They made one appointment and it got us straight up. 

You're turning on the board now?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

We've had one run of brilliant form under him, the record breaking run. Before and after that we were awful.

That was a glorious run.

But i think it was more a result of a brilliant Jack rather than revolutionary tactics. Remember we only won 2/12 games with Jack injured. Jack galvanized the whole team.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

all well and good, but who are they going to get to replace him within the next couple of days if they do pull the trigger?

Terry would be a TERRIBLE choice, if Smith is getting sacked, Terry is likely part of the problem.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

That was a glorious run.

But i think it was more a result of a brilliant Jack rather than revolutionary tactics. Remember we only won 2/12 games with Jack injured.

You're probably right 👍

4 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Before that, he was sorting out the mess he inherited. He had to recall players back from loan and stop the rut. He then went on an amazing run. The winning streak to get us up was a great achievement. I don't think it should be just shrugged away. 

The problem is if we're getting rid of him now then it will be with a view to bringing someone in to keep us up, so it won't be one of the fashionable names that people are hoping for. It will more likley be someone like Hughton or Allardyce, and whether that type of manager would agree to manage just until the end of the season I'm not sure, we'd might have to guarantee them the job for next season.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

all well and good, but who are they going to get to replace him within the next couple of days if they do pull the trigger?

You know exactly who's coming in.. 

spacer.png

Edited by Sam3773
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Before that, he was sorting out the mess he inherited. He had to recall players back from loan and stop the rut. He then went on an amazing run. The winning streak to get us up was a great achievement. I don't think it should be just shrugged away. 

True and for that I’ll be thanking him, it’s just not working out in the premier for him and whilst we still have a chance of staying up he needs to go

Â