Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

9 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Jesus ,John and Dean Smith.

Aston Villa the Religion.

Yeah it is pretty much like a tripple cheese burger, all that juice flowing down your throat and you just can't get enough.

I'm a little bit 'iffy' about this appointment. It seems he has had mixed success when involved in transfers. He's never worked in England. 

Part of it is that I don't really know what a sporting director does. But then, did anyone know what our director of football did?

IE, can thus guy be crap and our team still be good. I dunno. 

20 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

I'm a little bit 'iffy' about this appointment. It seems he has had mixed success when involved in transfers. He's never worked in England. 

Part of it is that I don't really know what a sporting director does. But then, did anyone know what our director of football did?

The important thing is that Smith is used to working with this model of running the club.  It only works if everyone is singing off the same hymn sheet, otherwise you end up with the 'they weren't my signings' shit that Sherwood fed to the media.

20 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Long term he can't be crap and the team be good really, unless he's at least not crap at hiring the people who he consults with about the players and the first team, even then though final say is going to be his on a lot of things. A good sporting director/director of football would turn our club around, from academy up, have a good recruitment team in place and be hiring coaches of in the Smith mould throughout the diff levels of AVFC to implement the grand scheme and the new football philosophy everywhere as consistently and well as poss. I suppose a crap one would have a half arsed go at that and **** it up.

On 15/10/2018 at 18:58, PompeyVillan said:

Basically a mix of the following;

* Hires and fires scouts and non first team    staff and would potentially decide on any future new head coach

* deals with scouting assignments and reports, presents shortlist’s and recommendations to Purslow and Smith

* deals with agents, other clubs, players over transfers and contracts plus incoming and out going loans

* looks after player management (as in who looks after them when they arrive)

* management of BMH and staff

* developing a club ethos through all levels of the club so we play the same way (Smith’s way) with all sides (any future HC would then be recruited with that in mind)

• Thanks 1

Hopefully he can spread the scouting department. Never understand why we never look at bargains from leagues like Poland, Czech Republic or Slovakia. They be cheap and could find a gem or two (not a Tonev hopefully)

e.g Genoa picked up Piatek for cheap fee from Poland has 13 goals this season in 8 games for them and now linked with 60 million transfer

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Hopefully he can spread the scouting department. Never understand why we never look at bargains from leagues like Poland, Czech Republic or Slovakia. They be cheap and could find a gem or two (not a Tonev hopefully)

e.g Genoa picked up Piatek for cheap fee from Poland has 13 goals this season in 8 games for them and now linked with 60 million transfer

Yeah the Italians are really tapping into the polish market last few seasons. Sampdoria picked up linetty and kownacki for peanuts. Both very talented. Zielinski at napoli a great find. I'd hope pitarch has greater scope of the European market than just Spain.

Â