Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

Suso will be judged on the quality he brings in for the money he pays out.

many like Hogan , McCormack and Richards and he will have a short stay, I'm Afraid.

However, On a more positive note....I wish him well, He can't do worse than the last 10 years.....can he?

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, sne said:

Part of his remit will also be to decide which of the out-of-contract stars the club wishes to keep at the end of the season.

If he's been watching since late November he will have the entire squad nearly.

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

They'll all be let go because they're shite.

Took the words out my mouth.

However, Out of the current crop i'd keep Hutton.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

If he's been watching since late November he will have the entire squad nearly.

Took the words out my mouth.

However, Out of the current crop i'd keep Hutton.  :ph34r:

Spare parts or to use as fertilizer?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On a serious note, I agree with this @TRO

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

Suso will be judged on the quality he brings in for the money he pays out.

Actually signing Axel Tuanzebe and Tammy Abraham would be a very good start imo.

But that's about £50m roughly in which we would need to be a Premier League team to make this happen.

We need to go up this season.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

4 hours ago, sne said:

Am I missing something here? (more than usual)

They spoke to a Sporting Director at some piss-pot Spanish club that I've never heard of to get the lowdown on what our Sporting Director does, done, will do or is doing.

And that's interesting because..........?

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Actually signing Axel Tuanzebe and Tammy Abraham would be a very good start imo.

But that's about £50m roughly in which we would need to be a Premier League team to make this happen.

50 million spent wisely.... would be more than enough to build a TEAM for promotion.

Teams are doing this and challenging.....on much more modest budgets.

Its all about getting the right SHAPED pegs in the right SHAPED holes...and every player does the job he is set to do....and compliments each other, not copy each other.

If we buy players that are too much the same we will never get out.....The TEAM has to have the necessary attributes to get out of this league.

3, 4 or 5 players no matter how good they may be at what they do best,   if they are all the same or very similar in what they offer and lack the thing the TEAM needs.... it's just a waste of time.

Edited by TRO

DS said that his coaching team had knowledge of the english market while suso main knowledge was the European one. Looking at the players we have signed, i would say suso didn't really identify anyone. Kallinic was already in the database and all the rest, bar guilbert, were from the english league. The jury is very much out on him right now. 

40 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

DS said that his coaching team had knowledge of the english market while suso main knowledge was the European one. Looking at the players we have signed, i would say suso didn't really identify anyone. Kallinic was already in the database and all the rest, bar guilbert, were from the english league. The jury is very much out on him right now. 

Suso proposed Guilbert, but also did our standard scouts apparently.

I think the summer will be his true test, it can't be easy to secure high calibre bargain deals in the January transfer window.

Hopefully they have some players in their sights for closed season.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

He’s been in the job five minutes. It’s not a short term solution. The club is having a complete overhaul and it takes time for different things to be implemented. Even then 20% of the signings in the January window are Young from the European market and I can almost guarantee more than 90% of us had never heard of him (Guilbert) let alone wanted us to sign him. 

You talk about Kalinic like it’s a football manager signing (already in the database), different owners, different coaches, different scouts, different CEO, different agents; all mean that some transfers that could be done previously can’t now or vice versa because of different connections within the game. 

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Would be a mistake and a waste of money imo, unless Tuanzebe was 15m or less.

Wouldn't pay 25m for Tammy.

As someone else mentioned if a team purchases well you can get 5 to 10 really good players for 50m.

Look at how much was spent on players like mahrez, was it 400k Leicester bought him for?, could buy 100 of those players for 50m and would only need one or two to make it to get back your 50m.....

Or buy 100 players at a similar price and hope 10 turn out decent enough for your first team, and even one really shines and makes you 50m.....

Granted 100 players is unrealistic, but you see my point.

It's just we have been terrible at it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

I think you are onto something , how many would it take to block up the goal ?  Knowing us we would do it at the wrong end though.

If we did that it wouldn't work, it would be 100 players running about and falling over each other as they play the Benny hill music through the loud speakers at Villa Park :)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, TRO said:

50 million spent wisely.... would be more than enough to build a TEAM for promotion.

If we go up.. spend it on those two.

- No one is this league is spending £50m on two players TRO.

I agree if we don't go up then that £50m buys us a squad in this league.

Wether it's spent wisely on the players that will get us promotion is another matter.

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Would be a mistake and a waste of money imo, unless Tuanzebe was 15m or less.

Wouldn't pay 25m for Tammy.

Not if we're a PL team it isn't.

You're adding to the "spine".

I think £25m on each of those you'll fibd is relatively cheap in todays market.

Taunzebe would be worth that twice over eventually imo.

18 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not if we're a PL team it isn't.

You're adding to the "spine".

I think £25m on each of those you'll fibd is relatively cheap in todays market.

Taunzebe would be worth that twice over eventually imo.

I just don't think Tammy is that good.

I agree he's good for this level, but In the premiership strikers like him are ten a penny.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I agree he's good for this level, but In the premiership strikers like him are ten a penny.

I agree he is very much a unknown entity in the PL apart from Swansea, which is all we have to work on in his time there.

It didn't really happen for him there but it could be Swansea didn't give him the service needed, didn't setup to play to suit his style or that he was young at the time and inexperienced or even a combination of the 3.

Without being biased, I think it would be different with us if he was to play in the PL again.

Wolves thought so anyway.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He wasn't last season, but he's done the job this season.

If we buy a player like Abraham we don't buy the player he currently is, we buy the player that he can become.

If we buy a squad of finished articles then you aren't increasing the value of your squad in anyway. Abraham comes in for £25 million and improves as a player and two seasons later he is a £40 million striker.

• Thanks 1

Â