Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

20 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Cesare Prandelli, wow. I can't see it, but he's made some good footballing teams in the past and he's won the lot. Would be an incredible appointment.

didn't Prandelli come out and say he was a villa fan at some point or was that someone else? 

• Like 1

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

didn't Prandelli come out and say he was a villa fan at some point or was that someone else? 

Yes he did, it was on the OS

Italy boss Cesare Prandelli is an Aston Villa supporter - and that's official.

The news was brought to us by Simone Farina, our head of sports integrity.

Farina met up with Prandelli on the eve of the Italy v Ireland friendly at Craven Cottage this past weekend.

It was there that Prandelli revealed his admiration and respect for the claret and blues - and his desire to head to a game next term.

Farina said: "Mr Prandelli told me that he has liked Aston Villa for many, many years.

"It is obviously due to the fact that in Italy, Aston Villa is renowned as a very famous club.

"Mr Prandelli also told me of his desire to come to Villa Park to see a game next season."

It wouldn't be the first time that Prandelli has been to Villa Park.

He was boss of Fiorentina in August 2009 when La Viola came over for a friendly game in B6.

• Like 2

Why would Pitarch be appointed as Villa's DOF?

Genuine question, because I can't find anything in his background that would gel with our current situation.

He would seem to have no relevant expertise to bring to this key position.

What am I missing?

No confirmation as yet.

5 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Why would Pitarch be appointed as Villa's DOF?

Genuine question, because I can't find anything in his background that would gel with our current situation.

He would seem to have no relevant expertise to bring to this key position.

What am I missing?

No confirmation as yet.

Didn’t he have previous similar roles at other clubs, most recently Valencia?

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Interesting, not a massive name, but for a championship club I think we've done alright here. Will immediately mean better connections with the spanish market where we can get better value than the past 10+ years of paying over the top for little return.

More interstingly though, it was mooted that there was a connection between the DOF and managerial appointments. I don't know of any links between him and any of the frontrunners for the head coach/manager job?

You mean skillful players like Gil?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Didn’t he have previous similar roles at other clubs, most recently Valencia?

He did. I read his history on wiki, but they've been sporadic and he left Valencia 18 months ago and hasn't been involved in football since.

I wondered what particularly would link him to the Villa, and the only thing I've found is his friendship with Jorge Mendes. 

7 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

He did. I read his history on wiki, but they've been sporadic and he left Valencia 18 months ago and hasn't been involved in football since.

I wondered what particularly would link him to the Villa, and the only thing I've found is his friendship with Jorge Mendes. 

That could be a significant factor. Or we could just file the whole thing under press boll0x. 

Â